💬 Review Storyscape

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,181 happy users since 2014.
Register

BryBry

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Storyscape

Somewhat new story app (afaik it started in 2019 per se), but for being so new, it boasts of pretty good stories already.

The most I could complain about is the lack of stable ways to watch ads for diamonds, unless it's your very first time reading a particular chapter.

On that note: the chapters themselves are quite meaty!

Review:
Oh, there are a million things about this app that I can't help but love.

Now, my definitely favourite story for now is Eternal City, and that's the one I've been painstalkingly saving up diamonds for, so the one in which I've unlocked almost everything.

It's the most fantasy-oriented story as of now (Ageless is still in production as of the day I'm writing this), and follows the story of a girl whose appearance you can choose through her life.

You start very young, around 5, though the poor girl is pretty much an endentured servant who only ever remembers working at "the Garden" so exact ages are iffy. From then on, you slowly discover more of the Entity that lives in the Garden, the City's Secrets, and your very own.

What I loved most in this, asides from how well written it is, was how the pacing seems to never rush or slog. There are several routes you can take your character on, and each lets you see something new in the world.

I've been playing it over and over again, and it doesn't really get old. For now there are only 10 episodes released, but it's confirmed there will be more and honestly I can't wait.

Other games of note are Titanic, a story based on the movie that I ended up liking far more than I ever expected to thanks to the protagonist, Adel Karrem. It's sort of obvious that it's supposed to be the first game in there you play, for it's the only one to date that explains things like what are premium choices and how some choices will have serious impact in the storyline later.

With regards to Life 2.0, I find it charmingly corny. That's one in which I haven't actually unlocked any premium choices, unfortunately, but I was gratefully surprised as the episodes went on, because the story just eventually draws you in? And the corniness takes some steps back for actual awesomeness... not my favourite story by far, mostly because it isn't the sort of story I'm usually drawn towards (me of fantasy aspirations), but pretty solid all together.

Last but not least of the "has a complete season out" stories: The X-Files.

Y'all the most contact I've had with the X-files canon have been Mulder & Scully memes on tumblr. I honestly couldn't have cared less for it... till I tried it.

At the start it may be a tad hard to get into the main characters (Jess and Aaron), but oh, by the time they were mid first case, I was a goner.
Really wishing I could have unlocked many of the premium choices, but as mentioned, the app doesn't as of yet have a steady way to let you watch ads for diamonds, so saving up is a case of restarting stories and backing to home in hopes the little prompt will appear...

And on to the last part, the ones in progress and on development:

* Edge of Extintion could look like your typical the world-ended-by-mysterious-disease fare, but from what little I've seen of it (again, my main focus is on EC), it does have its own charm and distinctive feel.

Of the stories still in development there's not much to say, asides from : I really, really, REALLY want to play Ageless.

Would you recommend this to other users? MOST DEFINITELY YES. If you have the time and storage capacity, give this app a go. Even without the premium choices, they can offer amazing plots and the artwork, animation and music combination is pretty awesome.

So please, check it out!

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

rohand30

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Nice review!!
I saw the Titanic ad on fb
Wanna play this 😀

jterap

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I've only played Titanic and Life 2.0 so far and I love Titanic. Not only do you have Adele's situation to deal with but the eventual sinking of the Titanic which I kept forgetting about because I loved the main story so much. I agree Life 2.0 was corny but playable though I didn't love it as much as I did Titanic. Thanks for recommending Eternal City, I'll try that one next.