Games with gender choice?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,304 happy users since 2014.
Register

Darktoxic

The Fallen Angel
Member for 6 years
Heyyy I wanted to ask if anyone knows games where you can chose your gender and play as gay....

so far I know and played Choices, The Arcana, CoG and Hosted games.... but I was wondering if anyone knows more games like these?

I mean... thanks to this Forum I'm literally addicted to the CoG and Hosted games :lol:

Beetlejuicee

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Try with Lovestruck , you can play as a lesbian, but i don't know if you can play as a man

SquishyTakoyucky

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a lot of choice-esque games that allow you to pick genders. I believe it's because the mass audiences for those types of games are female (which sucks because companies NEED to be more inclusive and tap into different demographics).

I do however reccomend you hop on to the Lemmasoft forums. This forum is dedicated to games in the visual novel style. Most of these games are indie games developed with the ren'py engine. If you click on the "completed" section you'll find a mass array of games dedicated to different genres and even demographics. Many authors are kind enough to label their games like: GXB (GirlXBoy), GXG, BXB, BXG, etc.

I've seen plenty of ganes feature the GXB AND BXG tag which means the game may have dual genders for you to play ☺ . Feel free to explore the incomplete section as well! There you'll find WIP projects for upcoming games. You may not find what your looking for but I hope you find a gem on that community ☺☺

Darktoxic

The Fallen Angel
Member for 6 years
Yeah, unfortunately there isn't a lot of choice-esque games that allow you to pick genders. I believe it's because the mass audiences for those types of games are female (which sucks because companies NEED to be more inclusive and tap into different demographics).

I do however reccomend you hop on to the Lemmasoft forums. This forum is dedicated to games in the visual novel style. Most of these games are indie games developed with the ren'py engine. If you click on the "completed" section you'll find a mass array of games dedicated to different genres and even demographics. Many authors are kind enough to label their games like: GXB (GirlXBoy), GXG, BXB, BXG, etc.

I've seen plenty of ganes feature the GXB AND BXG tag which means the game may have dual genders for you to play ☺ . Feel free to explore the incomplete section as well! There you'll find WIP projects for upcoming games. You may not find what your looking for but I hope you find a gem on that community ☺☺

damnnn Thank you so much! I will definitely give it a shot and take a look at it

redfox96

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 6 years
lol, you can try Kim Kardashian: Hollywood if you want :D

KhanTipaS

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 6 years
Tried zombie exodus - Safe Haven
Most CYOA games
Visual Novels
I don't know maybe try some otome games
Or Eroge games but most of eroge game ik is only HHH

Darktoxic

The Fallen Angel
Member for 6 years
Tried zombie exodus - Safe Haven
Most CYOA games
Visual Novels
I don't know maybe try some otome games
Or Eroge games but most of eroge game ik is only HHH
thanks but I already played Zombie exodus... dunno about CYOA... those I found are not really about romance tho...

Visual games... eh.. there are not many with BL, otome Games are either only with female MC and/or too expensive.

as for Eroge Games.... there are a lot of BL ones but barely any are translated into English 😞

thanks but... yep already did xD

Wred

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Plenty of CYOA adventure games are about romance, if not as the central plot then as subplots.

You didnt mention but I assume that you're looking for mobile games - one option you have is to download an emulator app for GBA or NDS and run modified Harvest Moon ROMs that let you play as gay. You could also play the NDS version of Sims this way.

There's also games that are more "virtual pets" and it's kind of liberal to call them games at all, like "My Virtual Gay Boyfriend". I also think Roommates let you play as gay, but I'm not 100%.

Longstory is another one. I'm not much for dating sims, but I know this one is specifically marketed as LGBT friendly.

Icantthinkofgoodname

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
Tally Go
Zombie Exodus - Zafe house
Choice of Romance
Lords of aswick
Eldet
Dream Daddy
Why not search Google chrome u will find lots of it there

juneberrychan

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
If we include 3DS options... you can play male or female in Rune Factory 4. Though you cannot have same sex marriage, you can earn in game over time the ability to choose your appearance to be that of the opposite hero or another character. Similar options are in some Harvest Moon games.... and I think there's a hack somewhere for Harvest Moon DS or for Friends of Mineral town to go for the male bachelors instead of the females, as there's the opposite version for lesbian gameplay.

Fun fact, it was supposed to be an actual option in DS Cute but America was mean and took it away.

Tigerparihar

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Why don't you try when the night comes vn it beautiful and you can choose your gender to.

Xerps

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
ive been addicted to these types of games also!

Nataref

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I'm always on the lookout for games with these options, haha. In terms of romance sims, I've found a few good ones from itch.io, however many are demos that are still in development, with very small but typically dedicated teams.

Off the top of my head I can think of //TO DO: Today & Witches x Warlocks. Monster Prom & Monster Camp also allow you to choose the protags gender, both games are available on steam and Monster Prom goes on sale ALOT.
All of these have male, female and nonbinary options.

DDADDS (Dream Daddy: A Dad Dating Simulator) is a gay dating sim, however you can only be a male. It does give you the option to be a transgender man or a Cisgender one, though.

Brayden9898

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I can suggest

Archwar:Heroes and Demons

This is quite an interesting game and many characters in this game.

Check the game out at google playstore.