PS3 Saving - Tutorial for those who don't know

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,449 happy users since 2014.
Register

VeryDex

? PS3 King
Member for 5 years
Title: Tutorial for those who don't know

Name of the PS3 game this save is for: Any

Save Description:
HOW DO I USE DOWNLOADED GAME SAVES FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3?

In order to use a downloaded game save on a PlayStation 3 console, you'll need to unzip the entire directory included in the ZIP file you downloaded onto a USB memory stick in a directory named X:/PS3/SAVEDATA/ (where X: is the drive letter of your memory stick), then use the PlayStation 3's Saved Data Utility to copy the save game to your console. For game saves made by other users you will need to resign the save, visit my post on how to do that here -- PS3 Save Resigning

HOW DO I USE DOWNLOADED GAME SAVES FOR THE PSP?

In order to use a downloaded game save on a PSP, you'll need to connect your PSP to your computer with a USB cable, then unzip the entire directory included in the ZIP file you downloaded onto your PSP into the directory X:/PSP/SAVEDATA/ (where X: is the drive letter of your PSP).

CAN I USE DOWNLOADED GAME SAVES FOR THE PLAYSTATION 4?

Yes and No. You can download other people's saves to your PS4 but they're still other people's saves. unless you have access to their account you wouldn't be able to use the save as your own.

Credits to: OrbexViRuZ

Last edited by a moderator:

johnhern

Modding Since 2017
Member for 6 years
Here is a question, since I haven't looked online yet, have they been able to wipe save info for PS4 like we can with PS3?

E.g. I can save my borderlands 2 save, mod it, and then upload a blank version for the whole world.

Are they able to do so with PS4 saves yet?

VeryDex

? PS3 King
Member for 5 years
Here is a question, since I haven't looked online yet, have they been able to wipe save info for PS4 like we can with PS3?

E.g. I can save my borderlands 2 save, mod it, and then upload a blank version for the whole world.

Are they able to do so with PS4 saves yet?
Sorry for the late reply, As far as I'm aware no that isn't possible yet but I'll look into it :)