"Post Pinning" Suggestion

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,061 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chastitea

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey guys, Tea here
I don't know if this topic has been suggested before but either way I'd like to just add my opinion/idea here in case anyone else was thinking the same thing.

(*pssst* I don't even know if this is an actual thing and I just haven't seen it be used so sorry if it is a thing and I just wasted your time reading this)

If you have any suggestions on how this 'addition' can be improved, or reasons why it may be a bad decision, please don't hesitate to comment below. The more ideas/criticism/opinions added may actually create an addition that will be more effective for the site and the modders.

"Post Pinning"
To define the above: an action in where the owner of threads can pin messages to the top of the thread (below the 'creation' post of course) so that they can be seen before any of the other messages below.

Things this may be used for:
- Reviews of apps/mods/books that members may post on the thread. Pinning them to the top will mean that people don't need to scroll past the "thanks" messages to get to posts with content
- Pinning messages where things have been fixed (usually for mods)
- On a few mod requests, I've seen that modders have tried (and failed) at modding games and their messages are surrounded by others requesting the game be modded, and soon the thread is full of people requesting a mod when already it was seen as impossible. If their messages were pinned it could also alert modders of the reason they were unsuccessful and maybe even bring in modders who are more experienced with the problems the others had faced.

That's all I've really got now, I would probably add others when I think of them

Ideas concerning the addition
- if there was a way to stamp a pin as a review/mod fix/etc, there could always be an addition where when reviews of books/mods gets pinned, the member gets a certain number of SB Points. That means that the owner can decide either a review has content and give the member a reward for putting effort into the review, either it be constructive criticism or just a little praise for the mod. Because when surveying the mod lists I always see the "thank you" messages instead of feedback of the game/mod/book. Adding a reward system will also encourage people to give constructive feedback instead of the many one word entries sent just to gain the mod link. A con to this however is that modders would have to scroll through their feeds to find these messages, which takes time, time that they could use on other things. (Maybe adding a tag? That members can add to their posts that alerts the author/owners of threads may help?)

I'll try to think of more XD but this is all I got right now. Thank you for reading this far (I've written a lot I know, I'm sorry about that) and I hope I'm not annoying anyone by posting this. But please, I encourage you to comment your ideas.

I don't know how you will add this feature and I think it'll be a lot of work, technology wise. So that too is another con to this idea but I couldn't not post this XD It was bugging me

Last edited:

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
So basically like a pin option in youtube's comment section, I think it's a solid idea.
Even without this "pin" option right now (I'm assuming.), modders do have to scroll a lot to find a meaningful feedback, since leaving a comment is(or could be) a requirement to unlock download link(s). So with that in mind "pin" can't solve that "issue".
I do like the idea.
There is also an option to edit post. Unlike the "Edit" option in general chat, the edit in thread post(s) are not limited by time or duration, so if a major "error" in a mod do "pop up" then modders can simply edit the actual thread post.

Giving credit to member's meaningful feed back seem like a good idea, but as a member it is what the modders and admins expect from us.
For example: Voting in the poll with 1-3 stars without a meaningful "feedback" could get a member a warning, or even ban.

So in my point of view, we members that enjoy mods are expected to give meaningful feedback(s) and poll vote(s), because we are members and not because there is a reward.
Admins and modders in this site are very generous already, we should not receive more rewards for doing our obligations as members.
I mean come on; if a mod get fixed or updated, it's "us"~ the members that would benefit from it, especially if the mod is ad-free, premium unlocked, or simply if the game is "pay-to-win". Modders work hard to beat those "problems" and we members take enjoyment from those game mods and modded apps.

Chastitea

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
So basically like a pin option in youtube's comment section, I think it's a solid idea.
Even without this "pin" option right now (I'm assuming.), modders do have to scroll a lot to find a meaningful feedback, since leaving a comment is(or could be) a requirement to unlock download link(s). So with that in mind "pin" can't solve that "issue".
I do like the idea.
There is also an option to edit post. Unlike the "Edit" option in general chat, the edit in thread post(s) are not limited by time or duration, so if a major "error" in a mod do "pop up" then modders can simply edit the actual thread post.

Giving credit to member's meaningful feed back seem like a good idea, but as a member it is what the modders and admins expect from us.
For example: Voting in the poll with 1-3 stars without a meaningful "feedback" could get a member a warning, or even ban.

So in my point of view, we members that enjoy mods are expected to give meaningful feedback(s) and poll vote(s), because we are members and not because there is a reward.
Admins and modders in this site are very generous already, we should not receive more rewards for doing our obligations as members.
I mean come on; if a mod get fixed or updated, it's "us"~ the members that would benefit from it, especially if the mod is ad-free, premium unlocked, or simply if the game is "pay-to-win". Modders work hard to beat those "problems" and we members take enjoyment from those game mods and modded apps.
That is very very true. I didn't look at it from your point of view and when you say it that way, I do see that rewarding members for something that should come "naturally" is pretty prudent. I guess what I was suggesting was more along the lines of - how do we give members incentive to actually give meaningful feedback (which is a really hard thing to do - and giving rewards (now that I've read your post) is definitely not a solution for that)

The more I read your post the more I agree with your points, we are the patreons, I know now that I shouldn't have put the reward system as an idea. So thank you for bringing that to light (I mean that part of my idea when I read it now, just sounds so arrogant damn XD)

But now that we have that thrown right into the trash where it belongs, what could we add? Or do? That would make this feature more....meaningful?I guess? I was literally riding on that review point I had 0-0

Yoda

Master of The Force
Verified 18+ user
Member for 6 years
@Chastitea thank you for your thoughtful well-written post. It's members like you who make this community what it is. Your love and dedication to making it a better place is admirable.
I just wanted to add that members can already receive rewards for Reviewing a Game or an eBook. The amount you receive varies and depends on many factors.

How to farm cash at Sbenny.com

Kind Regards,
Yoda

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
I do think the pin idea would work, for instance @Debby often post a reply to game threads; congratulating modder(s) that their work has been validated and added to the games area.
Information like that is worth being "pinned".

And by the way, your suggestion(any part of it) did not came out as arrogant at all. :)
It was pure and well-written, like miss @Yoda Dagobah said.

Status
Not open for further replies.