Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Lovecraftian Horror: Book Recommendation

orlandonudeguy

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
I love Lovecraftian horror novels. The naked awe and fear towards the unknown in the voice of the narrator just enraptures my entire mind. Once you take a sip out of this poisoned chalice, you just can't escape from it's clutches.
Unfortunately, not many people write books like H. P. Lovecraft these days or to be more exact, I can't find those books. If anyone is reading this thread, please recommend me one. It doesn't even have to be a novel, anything made after 1999 would be perfectly fine as well.
If you haven't read a Lovecraftian horror novel before, I recommend <The Case of Charles Dexter Ward>. It's a bit less depressing and cuts off your sanity a little less than other works. And I absolutely do not recommend <The Call of Cthulhu > for starters. It's confusing if you don't know anything about the mythos. It also may scar you with nightmares for a few days.

Last edited:

DLuuuc

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 5 years
Last edited:

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
I don't know much about horror stories because I tend to actively avoid them, but I have read one from Junji Ito. The Enigma of Amigara Fault. Left me a bit traumatized. You might like some of his works.