Category filtering options for Games, eBooks etc

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,241 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Hi dear community,

we're planning to being this new year with many news and improvements, and altough what I'm going to talk about isn't a new feature but more like an improvement of an existing feature, I think it'll greatly enhance the users' experience on the site. If you ever wanted to find a new game you might like, but never knew how besides of using the search (which anyways would force you to specify some titles of games or keywords which doesn't always reflect the genre of game you like to play), now you finally can, as we're making all this become possible, but in order to do this, we'll also need your help! If you're interested, keep reading below :)

What's this about?

We're introducing Category filtering options for the hottest areas of our forum (but we plan to hopefully extend it to every section of the forum), which finally should achieve the goal, suggested by many users, of letting you find every content we do have of your favourite genre.
It might sound confusing, so I think a graphical example of what we implemented should give you a better idea of what I mean:

Game Releases Area:

Screenshot_8.jpg

As you might have already noticed, we started adding relevant categories/keywords which will let you find ALL the content related to it we have.

We started doing something similar for the eBooks area (which is definitely more complete):

Screenshot_17.jpg

And clicking on each button will open a new page with all relevant content. All this is possible thanks to the usage of Tags.

What's a tag?

Similarly to the hashtags of Twitter, a tag is a relevant word, pertinent to a certain topic. For example, if we need to add a tag for the game "The Walking Dead" what would we use?

Well, for example we could use:

• Zombies
• Horror
• FPS
• Action

All these should be valid tags which, added to proper threads, will let users find other cool related games, which will have the same tags of this game.

We do strongly believe this would greatly enhance your experience on our community, this is why we're also letting you contribute to this ambitious project.

How can I help with tagging?

Screenshot_11.jpg

We added this special link at the top of each thread which will give you the possibility to contribute to our community by suggesting some tags. Once you click on it, you'll reach a page where you can send a private message to the staff who's given the task to manually add relevant tags to threads and, if your tags will be relevant and valid, they will be added to the related thread!

For thread starters, there will be a similar view:

Screenshot_13.jpg

which will instead let them directly add tags to their threads, without the need of contacting staff members.

This change is also possible thanks to the idea of our staff (with a running contest here) and all the users who suggested a better category filtering for our site. In the linked contest, you'll also find a list of good tags you can use on the forum which we're also planning to implement into the Games Area.

Thank you once again for being part of the best Android gaming community in the world, made exceptional thanks to the continuous efforts and passion of each of you! ♥

For any questions or feedbacks, don't hesitate to reply below.

MidnightCherry

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
From the Hell
eBook Releaser
Member for 5 years
Good Day. @Sbenny

The new Category Filterung system is very nice. So It's easier to find what u like. 😊

I have an Suggestion.

Could you eventually add...

* drama
* political
* crime
* historical

to the eBook genre list?
Thank you in advance! :)

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Good Day. @Sbenny

The new Category Filterung system is very nice. So It's easier to find what u like. 😊

I have an Suggestion.

Could you eventually add...

* drama
* political
* crime
* historical

to the eBook genre list?
Thank you in advance! :)
Except for "crime" which has never been used yet, I added the other three genres as per your request :)

ZeeshanC

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Thank you! Its awesome! Im a fan of otome games like Love 365, Choice Story you play, Chapters,... Its hard to find them among ton of games in this forum. Can we have Visual Novel tag?
I just added it, but beware the reason we didn't add every tag yet is because we didn't assign it to enough games yet, not that we don't have ideas for tags, since as you can see, we already have a running contest for it with a quite long list of tags.

anl93

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
I suggest we use classic google play categories like RPG,strategy,simulation etc...

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User