💬 Review 28 Weeks Later (2007) by YogirlMia

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,091 happy users since 2014.
Register

YogirlMia

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: 28 Weeks Later (2007)

Six months after a fast-spreading virus has taken the lives of more than half of the population of the British Isles, the U.S. Army claims the worst is over. Those who survived return to Britain to start over anew, but one unexpected survivor proves that the virus was never truly gone yet.

Review:
I remember watching this when I was like 11, so I was still an easily scared child, like every time a zombie pops up the screen I would shriek. But after several years I watched it again, I've got to say it's still worth watching like, maybe once a year. I'm not just saying that because I'm a fan of horror films but as a genuine movie lover, this one is re-watchable.

Movie starts with a group of people, some of them related, staying together inside a cottage. You'd think they're just having a small gathering of friends, eating lovely dinner together, but in reality, they're all trapped there, struggling to survive day by day as they can't go outside because it's dangerous. As a small argument ensues—because of a survivor's boyfriend who left the group five days ago—a sudden pounding at the door is heard. It was a small boy screaming for them to let him in. They do let him inside and feed him, as they sort of interrogated him. He claims that he was being chased by the main antagonists of the film, the infected. The camera focuses on the survivor who lost her boyfriend, Karen, who, without thinking clearly, removes one of the rags they used to cover the cottage's exterior walls' holes as an attempt to see if her boyfriend would magically appear outside. That's when one of the infected see her inside. The infected, who we can see possesses inhuman strength, breaks through the wall and grabs Karen and bites her arm. Jacob, one of the other survivors, comes to her rescue but it was already too late, five seconds after getting bit, Karen became infected. She tries to bite off Jacob's face but Dan, "one" of the protagonists of the film, helps him. The cottage gets overrun by zombies not long after that. Everyone tries to escape the cottage but only Dan was successful, thanks to him betraying his wife. Dan runs away from the cottage guilt-ridden.

What's scary is the zombies in this film are like Olympic runners with how fast they can run. Only they're superior because they won't run out of breath like the living, breathing do. Even though I was mad at Dan for what he'd done, the scene where he was being chased by dozens of infected got me cheering him on to run faster. Dan spots Jacob getting a speed boat ready by the dock and jumped onto it. While Dan was struggling to start the engine, Jacob attempts to jump onto the boat but instead falls into the water and gets infected. Dan really was the only one who managed to escape. Seriously I was betting on Jacob but instead we get Dan the betrayer. We see him looking back at the cottage's window to see if his wife is still there as his boat takes him father away from the zombies.

The movie jumps to Mainland Britain, 28 weeks later. The U.S. Army is confident that the virus is contained. They're helping the remaining populace continue on with their lives. Dan's children, Tammy and Andy, arrive at the airport and were checked up by a military medic, Scarlet. It's revealed that Andy has a heterochromia that he inherited from his mother, which will play a big part in the film. Dan and his children finally meet again, he "explains" what happened to their mother, but later on they will come face to face with their alive but partially infected mother. And that meeting will prove to be the reason why the virus gets revived...

This film is good, greatly executed, maybe a little fast-paced, but all in all, very enjoyable. We'll see a different type of zombies here, where usually zombie films give us the not that much of a threat, mindless, arms-out-while-walking-very slowly zombies whose bite will give you a bit more time before turning you, 28 Weeks Later show us zombies who can easily outrun an average person and their bite will only give you about 5 seconds before you become infected. There maybe times where you'll find it starting to become tame, but as soon as the virus kicks in again, you'll find yourself on the edge of your seat once again.

Would you recommend this to other users? I do recommend it! It's highly enjoyable. If the acting delivery doesn't move you, the film's fast-paced but intense action will.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Kenobin

SB Cartel Max Level
✌️ Community Team
From the Hell
☠️ Pirate
Special Guest
🎮 Testing Team
Verified 18+ user
⭐ Unlimited Access ⭐
Member for 1 year
Thanks so much

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
I think i watch this one in the past, the guy it's in the middle of s bridge and the big ben t's behind him, right? He have a patient gear on him.

YogirlMia

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
I remember when the protagonist it's in a house with a teenager girl and s father, and they toast with champagne be sure they found other people alive from the zombie pandemic.
Hmm, I don't think it is this one. Maybe you watched the movie before this one 😄

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
Hmm, I don't think it is this one. Maybe you watched the movie before this one 😄
Oh ok, thank you very much. It was familiar the poster so that was the reason i talked about it.
BTW! i don't know what happened and i unfollow you, i didn't do it so sorry :( i follow you back!

Toshi

𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘵 𝘯𝘰𝘰𝘵
Member for 5 years
Personally, I consider its opening sequence one of the best for the zombie film genre! That chase scene lives in my head rent free 🧟‍♂️

YogirlMia

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Oh ok, thank you very much. It was familiar the poster so that was the reason i talked about it.
BTW! i don't know what happened and i unfollow you, i didn't do it so sorry :( i follow you back!
Oh it's fine! I also followed back again 😁!

Also, yep this movie is 28 days later's sequel so I guess that's why the poster looks familiar! 😄

YogirlMia

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
Personally, I consider its opening sequence one of the best for the zombie film genre! That chase scene lives in my head rent free 🧟‍♂️
Yes! The chase scene is one of my favorite anxiety-inducing movie scenes ever 😮!

IsraaNox

Sbenny's Police Officer
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 4 years
I watched the movie with my sister 5 years ago. The cinematography was superb! If you're looking for something that is even more breathtaking with the same vibes of the film, try World War Z, I Am Legend and Daybreakers. They are among my favorite apocalyptic movies.