Am i the only one?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,425 happy users since 2014.
Register

Rosina

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 1 year
Am i the only one that hates euphoria?
I struggle to see why exactly this show is being praised as much as it is. It values form over substance. The characters are completely unlikeable and unsympathetic. Almost all of the obstacles they face are completely self induced and most of the issues that arise could've been avoided had the characters acted like human beings with functioning braincells.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
It's a show for a specific group of people with a specific mindset. I didn't find it particularly appealing to me at all, but some did.

Rosina

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 1 year
And also i just wanted to add there's just so many sax and violins
even the actors them selves are uncomfortable with the n**e scene's

SlowSlyFox

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
✌️ Community Team
Member for 2 years
Well Euphoria was created because of the game with same name. It's visual novel and it much better than the show. If you want to really try euphoria better play the game. After all game is origin of the story of the show and there is some mechanics that can't be transfered from the game.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Some people share the exact same sentiment as you. Some people believe that the show relies on shock value and seems too manufactured, which makes it hard to create empathy. Some people find it unrealistic, too depressing, hard to watch, too graphic, or just not their cup of tea. And that's fine.

The common argument to be made regarding your take on this show is that teenagers are selfish, so it’s unfair to expect them to make rational decisions most of the time. And some people like it *because* they're unlikeable, because it gives them depth and a sense of complexity in their character.

But maybe you've heard all these arguments before, and still have not changed your mind, (and I assure you, I'm not trying to change your mind) so

TLDR; Certain people like certain things and certain people dislike certain things. The majority may like Euphoria, but the minority may not share the same sentiment, and that's all fine and dandy.

Also a side note, I don't watch Euphoria, and I feel absolutely nothing towards it. These may not be completely accurate reasons as to why people like/dislike Euphoria, but hopefully this will suffice.