Android emulator for PC

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,804 happy users since 2014.
Register

Beryltheperyl

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi Everyone
Is there a reliable emulator to turn Android games into PC playable games? I've tried a couple but they don't seem to work, unless you give your playstore details, which I'm a bit wary of doing!
Thanks
Tracey x

merkwuerden

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
I use Android-x86 on Windows 7 Professional with VMware Workstation Player.

Android-x86 is Open Source. Several Android versions from the age-old 1.6 up to 8.1 are available (I use 8.1). You can boot Android-x86 from a CD/DVD or USB stick, but you also can install it on your hard disk. It is not necessary to make a Google account or to enter your playstore details. You can install APKs also from USB devices. Network connection is available, you can also play online games.

Windows users: I recommend to install Android-x86 by using a virtual PC environment like Oracle VirtualBox (Open Source) or VMware Workstation Player (professional solution but free for personal non-commercial use).
My personal experience: Android 8.1 runs really good with VMware on a AMD FX-8350, 4 GB RAM and 512 MB video memory assigned to the virtual machine. VirtualBox was slower but did work too.

Linux users can install Android-x86 by a rpm setup package.

Read the documentation of Android-x86 careful, especially if you want to install Android-x86 on your hard disk, to prevent data loss or ruining your OS installation!

Beryltheperyl

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Thanks everyone. I have tried Bluestacks, but I'm getting annoying adverts every 3 minutes!!! Any way I can stop them without paying the membership? It happens so often, I'm going to have to delete it and go with one of the others if not!!

bokuboku

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I use MEMU without issues, though I've heard good things about Nox Emulator too. Always be careful when you download emulators though. Some of them, like Andy, have been known to include Bitcoin miners in their software.

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I myself are using Nox Player. It's light and very flexible either for general use and development purposes.
It come with the preference to use as rooted or non-rooted device.

The other nice features is it also supports multiple instance, and the ability to manage them (even to clone one instance into another).
It also has the feature to capture everything on it whether in the form of screen capture / screen recording (including any sound it plays)

This is my example screen 😄

For more detailed information about NoxPlayer, you can read my post here :
Nox Player - Light but Powerful Android Emulator

Last edited:

GegeS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I myself are using Nox Player. It's light and very flexible either for general use and development purposes.
It come with the preference to use as rooted or non-rooted device.

The other nice features is it also supports multiple instance, and the ability to manage them (even to clone one instance into another).
It also has the feature to capture everything on it whether in the form of screen capture / screen recording (including any sound it plays)

This is my example screen 😄

For more detailed information about NoxPlayer, you can read my post here :
Nox Player - Light but Powerful Android Emulator
What if we only have limited hardware capability?
And how about MEmuPlay? Is it good or not?

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
What is the specification of your hardware ?

For the game I screenshot on my first post, I use this specification.
Processor : Intel Core i3
RAM : 8GB
And Graphics : Nvidia 930MX on my laptop

While the recommended specifications are below, as quoted from Nox Emulator Hardware Specification

Nox Android Emulator for Windows – Minimum System Requirements
  • You require making sure that your PC is running on a 2.2 GHz processor.
  • Minimum 2 GB of RAM is required for Nox App Player to run on its full capacity.
  • 1 GB Video Memory is a must.
  • Minimum 1 GB Graphics Card is a must.

And compared to MEmuPlay, I can say that both are on the same level. They both have the up and downsides. For MEmuPlay I often encountered problem starting it up, and got fixed by resetting the configuration (especially related to resolution configs).

GegeS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
What is the specification of your hardware ?

For the game I screenshot on my first post, I use this specification.
Processor : Intel Core i3
RAM : 8GB
And Graphics : Nvidia 930MX on my laptop

While the recommended specifications are below, as quoted from Nox Emulator Hardware Specification

Nox Android Emulator for Windows – Minimum System Requirements
  • You require making sure that your PC is running on a 2.2 GHz processor.
  • Minimum 2 GB of RAM is required for Nox App Player to run on its full capacity.
  • 1 GB Video Memory is a must.
  • Minimum 1 GB Graphics Card is a must.

And compared to MEmuPlay, I can say that both are on the same level. They both have the up and downsides. For MEmuPlay I often encountered problem starting it up, and got fixed by resetting the configuration (especially related to resolution configs).
Well, my borrowed system is these ;
Processor : 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM : 16GB
And Graphics : Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 on laptop

While the actual stuff that I own is these ;
Processor : Intel Celeron Processor N4000
RAM : 4GB
And Graphics : Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 on laptop

Meme Games

[Subscribe]
Member for 5 years
Try bluestacks, its not as bad as they say. Ive gamed a lot on it. It just lags a lot when you have an older version of bluestacks that you need to update. Not sure if 4GB is enough tho.

anzritz

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
Well, my borrowed system is these ;
Processor : 2,7 GHz Intel Core i7
RAM : 16GB
And Graphics : Integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 on laptop

While the actual stuff that I own is these ;
Processor : Intel Celeron Processor N4000
RAM : 4GB
And Graphics : Integrated Intel UHD Graphics 600 on laptop
I think your borrowed system should be ok to be used with NoxPlayer, but your actual stuff will not enough for NoxPlayer to run perfectly.
Post automatically merged:

Try bluestacks, its not as bad as they say. Ive gamed a lot on it. It just lags a lot when you have an older version of bluestacks that you need to update. Not sure if 4GB is enough tho.
The downside with BlueStacks is the system requirement is higher than either MEmu or NoxPlayer.
And it is almost impossible with the system requirement to play multiple instance on BlueStacks.

GegeS

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I think your borrowed system should be ok to be used with NoxPlayer, but your actual stuff will not enough for NoxPlayer to run perfectly.
Post automatically merged:

I'm just worried my graphic is not sufficient, since its not a dedicated graphic card and only an integrated one.

Meme Games

[Subscribe]
Member for 5 years
You should consider buying a gaming desktop computer, its cheaper and more efficient.

ilovecat2020

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
I recommend BlueStacks + BSTweaker and you will find your awesome android emu for PC
It have all option that you want

disable ad
Hack bluestacks to make it premium
disable auto update
and make all the premium bluestacks theme usable

and a lot of custom option. AND it free
you can download here

SteweEliteModder

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Special Guest
Member for 5 years
Currently these are the 3 best emulators:

1. Memu
2. Nox
3. Bluestacks

Until now i've tested pretty good memu & nox and after latest updates both memu & nox got performance increased so runnig smooth than before, memu is more stable and less bugged than nox so making memu the first choice and nox an alternative to memu, bluestacks instead just installed and used for few minutes just for look the ui (user interface) and i can say that's looks good so could be an alternative to memu & nox but i can't say nothing more since i've not tested it well yet.

smoaked

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 7 years
I recommend BlueStacks + BSTweaker and you will find your awesome android emu for PC
It have all option that you want

disable ad
Hack bluestacks to make it premium
disable auto update
and make all the premium bluestacks theme usable

and a lot of custom option. AND it free
you can download here

View attachment 36656
View attachment 36657
A real good method here.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month