Anime suggestions?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,725 happy users since 2014.
Register

Nimue

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Hi everyone!
So, i'm not a huge addicted fan to Anime, i watched a few but i wanna more.
Please note that i liked just some genres. In order to be clear, i will list some of my fav anime ❤

- Full Metal Alchemist
- Attack on Titans
- Ghost in the Shell
- Tokyo Ghoul
- Elfen Lied
- Trigun
- Cowboy Bebop
(a very very long time ago also Bleach)

Everything in the same direction is appreciated :D
So spit it out, i'm all ears! (or in this case, eyes)

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
From the look of it, you like anime with the more darker tone, instead of the usual cheery one.
Hmm, the one on top of my head was Vinland Saga and Berserk for recommendations, the latter was really dark tho, there also like, Goblin Slayer but, idk if that was your cup of tea, there also plenty of Isekai anime, but it was usually Harem or comedy, so. Oh, yeah Overlord! And the Saga of Evil Tanya was pretty good, both were a reincarnation anime with a twist. And i think Re: Zero was pretty dark? Yeah it was pretty dark

Heikennn

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
- Full Metal Alchemist 👏
- Attack on Titans👏
- Ghost in the Shell👏
- Tokyo Ghoul👏
- Elfen Lied👏
- Trigun👏👏👏
- Cowboy Bebop (the only one I didn't saw)
Ps: I 👏 at anime that also I've seen.

Try watch Hellsing ultimate it's a little bit old but is really gold it's dark like elfen lied snd tokio ghoul, it's really splattery but it have a really interesting story and the battle drawings are terrific, really detailed.

Thisisamy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Have you watched death parade? I liked that one myself... it's not amazing but entertaining and short (that's what I want from an anime series)

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
Here are some more suggestions (aside from what the others already have suggested.):
  • Danganronpa: The Animation
  • Akame Ga Kill
  • Darker than Black (but only watch season 1.)
  • [C]The Money Of Soul and Possibility Control.
  • No Game No Life: Zero (Movie)
  • Fate Zero (It's best to watch Fate Stay Night or Fate/Stay: Unlimited Blade Works first before Fate Zero.)
  • Hunter x Hunter (Got a few dark scenes.)
  • Akira
  • Black Bullet
  • Death Note
  • Code Geass (Got a few dark scenes.)
  • School Days (Don't watch this if you are a minor!)
Note: These are my personal picks from anime I already watched; Personally I wanted to watch these dark animes: Parasite, The Promised Neverland, Psyco Pass and Another; I can't really recommend any of those I haven't watched yet.

Last edited:

Meowcarroni

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Like the others, i'd totally recomend Death parade and also HunterxHunter, this one, might totally worth your time. I'd add to that list Steins;gate and Death Note.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Re: Zero was pretty dark? Yeah it was pretty dark
(Late) News!! RE: Zero will get a remaster; Looking at it now, it's best to assume they will never finish the anime; Best read the source material instead.

LeIsaac

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Death Note has been suggested a lot, but you should also give a try to Evangelion. If you're searching for a really good horror anime I suggest The Promised Neverland, and on that same line Made In Abyss (It gets darker and darker every episode). I think you could also like Inuyasha, even tho it has its years it's still a good anime.

Alibata

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
I’ll second the suggestions for Demon Slayer and Hunter X Hunter.

Hunter X Hunter can have a slow build. But viewed as a whole has some of the best stories in anime. It can sneak up and surprise you. But it’s a comittment to see where the story will go.

Demon Slayer is like hunter x hunter on a smaller scale, but with movie quality animation. On a smaller scale meaning that instead of arcs having a slow build and then surprising you, in demon slayer it’s individual episodes that can have slow pacing then surprising moments of action and emotion. The level of animation in demon slayer is so good it can spoil you to other anime.

If you like shonen then my hero academia is a must watch. Think like a high school version of justice league or the avengers, in a world where 80% of the population has powers. And the main character will some day become the worlds greatest hero, but in current time is part of the 20% of the population born without powers.

On the opposite side of the super hero drama is One Punch Man. If you like super hero media, just watch it. Season one is legendary for it’s animation and it has one of the best opening songs.

And lastly Mob psycho 100. It’s like a cross between the Incredible Hulk and akira. The main character has ultimate psychic power, along with a anger meter in each episode. But despite his overwhelming telekinetic ability he just wants to be a normal kid and achieve things humbly through hard work, even though he has zero talent for physical and social activities. It’s heart warming, wholesome, and comediac. With rare bits of excellent action sprinkled in.

Mark A

Member for 6 years
Evangelion.
Important to note that the "proper" ending of Evangelion is a movie; The last episode of Evangelion was deeply hated by fans for being "under budget".
I think you could also like Inuyasha, even tho it has its years it's still a good anime.
Oh yeah~ Inuyasha is a classic nowadays.

Nimue

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
I thank you all for the anime suggestions, i will give you a feedback asap.
For Inuyasha and Death Note i watched it both, even Evangelion (in the era where it was played on MTV and streaming was just a fantasy) but i will surely rewatch all three of them :love:

Tnx u all!

peachu112

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Kakegurui is a nexflix original but it’s REALLY REALLY good. It isn’t dark in the sense that it’s gory, but it exposes creative corruption in gambling. Give it a try, you might like it :).

19 days is a decently dark anime too ^^

Chillybilly

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
1= Yahari Ore no Seishun Rabukome wa Machigatteir
2= yamada and seven witches
3= witchcraft works
4=
Jitsu wa Watashi wa
Actually, I am...

These are stories full of comedy and romance. They aren't stories focused on dark side but they make u laugh and cheer up. They don't have fan service but they have plot and very good plot at that.You'll enjoy them greatly. I guarantee it. But if u don't wanna watch em. It's upto u.

xXBlueLinkzXx

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Here's A Few Of my Suggestions

Angels Of Death (Satsuriku no Tenshi)
Devilman Crybaby
Deadman Wonderland
Magic Girl Site (Mahou Shoujo Site) (Is not what You think it is)
Erased
Another
Bungou Stray Dogs
Mekakucity Actors
B: The Beginning
Steins Gate
Dorohedoro
Dorororo
Darwin's Game
Fire Force

Enjoy Watching! :3

Drak45x01

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Foi confirmado uma nova temporada para Bleach.

Drak45x01

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
A Voz do Silêncio. É um bom anime também

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Madoka magica
Jujutsu kaisen
School live (just watch the 1st episode till the end)

One punch man and Asobi asobase are comedies If you want a break from dark stuff