💬 Review Archlion Saga by IsraaMichaelis

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,251 happy users since 2014.
Register

IsraaNox

Sbenny's Police Officer
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Archlion Saga

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): {Kemco} Archlion Saga Mod APK Mod apk

A retro fantasy JRPG released by Kemco, developed byHit Point Co. Ltd.

Review:
A throwback to old school RPGs, those published on Nintendo and Gameboy devices. The game is short, minimal and has an engaging and fun story. The themes sometimes tackled in the story are somewhat dark and mature in nature, which has compelled me to take some screenshots of dialogue that has some really deep and profound meaning. The graphics are, of course, retro, pixilated, classical. Though they seem childish to non-fans of JRPGs, they add to the mysterious and thrilling atmosphere of the game. The combat is turn based, modernized somehow. As the characters level up, the combined attack points of each character constitute the damage done in battle. Characters have skills such as heal, as well as other skills that can be executed upon fulfilling certain conditions (HP being over 50% or under 25% etc.) Furthermore, enemies, especially bosses, are utterly unique and distinct from each other. Each boss has their own skills and their own tragic story as well. The story tackles the themes of guilt, sin, and redemption, which was a wonderful addition to the game, given that it is a minimalistic, traditional JRPG that involves a number of heroes who are trying to save the world.
I finished the game within 4 hours or so. What truly enticed me to finish the game is the story and its progression. I am a huge fan of philosophical and profound games filled with hidden messages and meanings. I am not used to the sort of combat system the game employs; therefore, I was not completely in for the battles, though the skills system was rather satisfying, to be honest.

Thanks to modder Axiom for posting the game here!

Would you recommend this to other users? I would recommend the game for people looking for something quick and fun. But I would especially recommend the game to JRPG fans who are looking for some nostalgia-filled adventure.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐