Are you a salty gamer?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,869 happy users since 2014.
Register

VerneJules

Recluse
eBook Releaser
Member for 6 years
You know, being salty means acting upset when things don't go your way. If you get too salty you may rage quit.

So I'm curious. Do you guys rage quit often? What games make you the most salty? Do you have any memorable salty stories?

Personally, I feel upset when I'm playing shooters and I get bodied. Specially when I'm a beginner and get matched against pro players. I do finish the game but once it's over I need to take a break.
I've been into playing br for a couple of months (CODM), enough that I spent a lot of time, effort and money (I kept on buying skins, I know I have a problem 😅). I get into matches where I usually end up lagging near end game and when my internet comes back I see that I'm already dead. Of course it pisses me off, moreso when I derank because I didn't get to top 10 and whatnot, I just quit the game and take a breather.

I was a bit salty too when I was first starting out. When someone kills me early game, I often blame the game for their bad match-making, making a noob play against a pro player. Nowadays, after getting good at the game, I only get salty when I get really bad teammates and they trashtalk in the lobby. Like, how is it my fault that you died early? If you didn't go off on your own and just stayed with your team, you would have gotten the back-up you were asking for -_-

Mark A

˜”*1̴̸̷̶̵̧̛̛̪͍̖̦̣̜̠̯̰̻̫̪̰̞̙̎̀̊̑̏́͛̂͐͋̋̈́̊̿̕͝͝͠ͅ *”˜
Member for 6 years
I've been into playing br for a couple of months (CODM), enough that I spent a lot of time, effort and money (I kept on buying skins, I know I have a problem 😅). I get into matches where I usually end up lagging near end game and when my internet comes back I see that I'm already dead. Of course it pisses me off, moreso when I derank because I didn't get to top 10 and whatnot, I just quit the game and take a breather.

I was a bit salty too when I was first starting out. When someone kills me early game, I often blame the game for their bad match-making, making a noob play against a pro player. Nowadays, after getting good at the game, I only get salty when I get really bad teammates and they trashtalk in the lobby. Like, how is it my fault that you died early? If you didn't go off on your own and just stayed with your team, you would have gotten the back-up you were asking for -_-
Yea~ The sad reality of multiplayer games. Teammates that don't have a clue on teamwork is a nightmare.

Reaver

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 4 years
i'm a pretty easygoing person so i try my best to not let games upset me. i play to have fun and relax, so when i start to get mad i take a step back and remind myself that at the end of the day, it is just a game lol. i mostly play single player games offline though, so that might be a reason why it doesn't bother me too much.

that being said though, i've definitely gotten screwed over by RNG and died just as i was about to finish a level, or teammate AI not helping you in the moment when you really need em to which is never a fun time 💀

Catwhisker64

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
The only two games I'm salty about are World of Warcraft and League of Legends. I loved World of Warcraft but the feud between alliance and horde players killed my interest in the game. I raged quit after I got KO by the same alliance player multiple times. I was trying to cross a certain area which the player was watching for horde players to pass by. Of course, the player was at a much higher level status than me which meant he could one-shot me each time. On top of that, it was getting expensive to pay for plus the quest system was all over the place. The spot I was trying to get to had one shortcut which is the area that the player was at. Otherwise, I have to make a giant trek back in a circle to get to the place I wanted to go. League of Legends is a different story entirely since it was the community that made me salty. They aren't friendly to new players plus they don't communicate very well between teammates.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Lag spikes. Especially in online games.

I remember there was once when I was but a wee lass. Slither.io I was playing for the first time and time and time again I was met with lag spikes. Little me was outraged, for what had she done to deserve such injustice from the gods? Then, my father raised the curious question of 'If playing this upsets you so, then for what reason are you still playing?' And I thought 'Oh yeah right.' So I stopped my act of folly and continued on with my life.

Catwhisker64

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
Lol I know what you mean! That's how I felt about World of Warcraft. I was thinking why am I still playing this after the countless times it made me mad. Though I hate that I can't use any of the stuff I paid for now.
Post automatically merged:

Lol I know what you mean! That's how I felt about World of Warcraft. I was thinking why am I still playing this after the countless times it made me mad. Though I hate that I can't use any of the stuff I paid for now.

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Yeah. It's like you just have this overwhelming desire to win. You're not even going to win anything, you just want to win.

guyf

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
The only games that would make me salty are competitive shooters, which are plagued by cheating, so I just avoid them.

bluefaeinfl

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 1 year
I get salty when playing COD, more in the way where if I'm doing bad or players are kicking my butt, spawn camping etc. I just start slacking off in the match annoying other other players(To make my self laugh), i also start complaining haha. but I don't rage quit..in fact I don't think I've ever actually quit during a game.

Kellanoa

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 2 years
Yes specially when you play competetive game such as dead by daylight that needs team cooperation but not happening since the community in that game is very toxic.

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
Yes sometimes, especially in competitive ones. That's why I prefer to play single-player games most of the time.