Writer's Notebook

A place for members to share their own original writing.

Quick Overview

Category
Books
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Brainstorming and Ideas

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Have you ever had an idea for a story or game and just didn't know what do do with it?
Have you wanted to share it with someone to build off of the idea and wasn't sure who or how?

In this section you will be able to share your ideas with the people on this site and build off of them. :)

Maybe we can even inspire each other to come up with something new!

Sharkbait4

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Did everyone see the fun writing contest for Easter that Cordelia posted? I definitely had a ton of ideas with that. Unfortunately, I kept going past 5 sentences (ugh that limit lol).
Probably a fun way to help get those brain juices going.

PatchyBandi

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
I play game. Person have characters they wanted to pair up and I paired these 2 characters. I am hopeless into cheesy romantic. I make my own story out of them. Give me your opinion or add-ons or changes or your own spin on it.

Luisa x Ruebin:
Luisa is a loner, but has a higher relationship gain from conversations.
Ruebin an optimist who will always look for and find the good in people and life

Idea: Ruebin is innocent. He doesn't know why Luisa is a loner, but the more he got to know her the more he loved her prescence. People avoided Luisa, because she was an orphan and too mature for her age. Luisa had to feed herself and only spent most of her time working in the fields. She was unable to socialize, until Ruebin became her friend.

What If Story:
Ruebin is a traveller from another country. He looses his way to the the Tavern after getting swept up at the market. A kid stole his money and he chases the kid into the fountain district. He bumps into Luisa. The kid runs into one of the building. Luisa gets mad and tells him off for chasing the kid. He apologized. He gives a hand to help her out and introduces himself, but she declines. She suspect Ruebin for a BadGuy, because he doesn't look familiar. He explains his situation. Turns out she knew the kid. She gets the kid to return Ruebin his money and they make up. She apologized to him for being rude and offers to help him once. He said he needs a guide to the Tavern. On their way to the Tavern, they talk. Luisa learns that Ruebin is only on a poor lowly merchant. They part.
Ruebin was tired from all the chasing. He ask Wiala for food and housing. Unfortunately he couldn't afford enough, Wiala made an agreement that he do somethings for her, since he was going to stay in the kingdom for a month.

Tasks later... (maybe extra story stuff)

Wiala suggests Reubin to become a citizen. Ruebin says he is just a traveling merchant and couldn't afford the papers. Wiala reply that is disappointing especially he was a smart and fast runner.

Drama later... (make him stay)

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Active User
Member for 5 years
PatchyBandi I can think of various suggestions:

I. What is the time period your story is set?
II. Why is Luisa working in the fields?
III. Who does Luisa work for? Does she have a boss or she is her own boss?
IV. What is Reubin doing in this country?
V. Why is Reubin taking odd jobs? Isn't he a merchant? What kind of skills he have that Wiala might need?