💬 Review Bug (2006 film) by yimmyyams

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,739 happy users since 2014.
Register

yimmyyams

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Bug (2006 film)

(SPOILER) 'Bug' is a psychological horror/thriller movie about a kooky war vet who ends up meeting a very lonely woman in some remote motel in the middle of nowhere (Oklahoma I believe). They fall in love and things start to get out of hand as the scientists who experimented on him while he was recovering from a war related injury are trying to get him back. (Also Trigger Warning the movie does show domestic abuse/violence so yeah)

Review:
Ok so, I really liked this movie. It's on my 'top 10 best horror movies of all time' list, I'd say that speaks for itself. I REALLY really liked the plot, it had me on the edge of my seat and had me second guessing myself through out the entire movie which was super enjoyable for me. Just when I thought I knew what was going on they smacked me in the face with a plot twist and it just threw my head in for a swivel. My sister on the other hand wasnt so impressed and not at all into the movie. We watched it some time after Thanksgiving as I like to discuss the movies we watch after since we have different tastes and it makes for good discussion. She said it felt to slow for her and the topic/theme (? I cant remember the word off the top of my head sorry) wasn't something she particularly liked. She fell asleep about 20 mins in before the plot really took off, she awoke a little after all the good stuff started happening and was confused as to what was happening. I recommend watching through the "boring" parts/beginning so you wont get lost but even if you skip through you'll understand what's happening by the end. I personally thought the plot and pacing of the movie was great, it really had me immersed the whole way through and is one of the few movies that I actually managed to sit still for. 10/10 movie for me.

Would you recommend this to other users? I definitely recommend this movie to people who enjoy psychological horror/thriller movies or anything that has to do with the human mind. It is an older movie (made in 2006) so the production quality isnt all that great but it doesn't take away from the value of the film at all in my opinion. If you dont really like "slow" paced movies that take longer to reach the main plot/climax then this probably wont be something you would enjoy but I suggest you still give it a watch.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐