✅ Solved Concerning Youtube and the monthly modder competition

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,845 happy users since 2014.
Register

ScealcLigt

174th Divisione Scealc van der Ligt
Member for 4 years
So lets say im a youtuber and modder, i posted my own apps and video showcase in the monthly competition. But youtube banned my channel and so with the video showcases. Are they still eligible with the +0.25 SBC point increase or not?

KymForGo

Just a Blob
Member for 3 years
I believe it counts as long as long as you already have started a thread here and made the videos before it happened.

KymForGo

Just a Blob
Member for 3 years
Although, I'm not sure if I'm correct but I'm just saying what's most logical.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
No it doesn't count. Its actually a common sense. All the games are checked after the time ends like 1st or 2nd date on the next month. If the video is not available when checking how can it be count ?
Also YouTube never bans account suddenly . Mostly they ban for not abiding Community Standards (rarely mostly video takedown) or Copyright Strikes . For modders mostly It's Copyright Strikes . And they only bans after 3 strike. And you will get email notification plus Youtube notification for that . And all Copyright Strikes expires after 3 months . So you will get banned if you get 3 strike in 3 months. So you should lay low if you get a first strike.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Well, there isn't a general rule about this, so let's try to explain how we could overcome this.. I came up with the following solution:

Create a new youtube channel and upload your videos there

If you, like me, keep a saved copy of your videos on your computer (or smartphone), it'd take just a few hours to reupload all your videos (depending on the quantity, of course). If the file size is a problem, a good solution is to use softwares such as "HandBrake" which compress videos A LOT while keeping an excellent video resolution.

Have our own YouTube

This was discussed a lot in the past, and I could eventually really come up with something like this in the near future, but it'll involve an additional server cost I'm unfortunately unable to cover at the moment. If our community grows in the next months, I could really put in place something like this. Videos would be never put down in this case, and it would be a great addition, but it's still unavailable so we can't apply this.

Upload your videos elsewhere, too

There are alternative sites like VIMEO and DailyMotion, just to mention some. If your videos are taken down from YouTube, you can still prove you uploaded them during the contest if you also uploaded them to those sites.

We understand how difficult and frustrating it would be to have your YouTube channel deleted after all the hard work you put behind it, but it'd also be quite hard for us to verify each submission if the video is missing, therefore you should try to reupload them as soon as you can, if it happens, as it's the only way we have to verify each submission. A first step to fight copyright takedown was taken years ago when we introduced sbupload, and our files are safe this way, but for videos, we don't have other solutions for the moment, as we can't use sbupload to host gameplays as well, sorry.

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
Heya,

I'm closing this question and moving it to Answered Questions as this question has been resolved. If you have any other questions please post them in our Questions Area.

Thank you!