💬 Review Coyote Ugly

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,574 happy users since 2014.
Register

Ibraheem1

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Coyote Ugly

A movie about a young girl, Violet, who moves to New York in hopes of becoming a songwriter. Some unfortunate happenings lead her to meeting a group of women, she learns that they work at a bar named "Coyote Ugly" and she joins their circle.

Review:
A great, fun movie all about friendship and pursuing your dreams. The early-2000s fashion and technology may feel alien to viewers today but that just adds to the charm in my opinion. The plot isn't wholly predictable, which is always a good thing, and there's nothing here that's too hard to endure so you'll definitely feel better off after watching. That being said, there were some sad scenes (but they doesn't really detract from the overall vibe of the movie too much) and some adult moments (lots of raunchy bar dancing and a sex scene).
The movie has some great acting, the most impressive performance being Violet, the lead. We also have Tyra Banks as one of the main characters and a cameo from LeAnn Rimes. The musical elements of the movie were great too, it has a great soundtrack which includes the classic "Can't Fight The Moonlight".
Sadly the movie got some very bad reviews from critics, who felt that while it had an appealing "trashy y2k" aesthetic, the plot had little substance and was unimaginative. Despite the negativity, I still stand by my statements that Coyote Ugly is a very entertaining film and deserves to be as highly regarded as other movies of its genre, like Mean Girls and Clueless.

Would you recommend this to other users? I would definitely recommend it to anyone who has a free evening and wants to watch some Netflix to pass the time. However the racier scenes could be an issue for younger children but teenagers should be fine.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐