💬 Review Elden Ring by Cronos21

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,489 happy users since 2014.
Register

Cronos21

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the app you are reviewing: Elden Ring

Elden Ring is an action role-playing game developed by FromSoftware and published by Bandai Namco Entertainment. The game was directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and made in collaboration with fantasy novelist George R. R. Martin, who provided material for the game's setting. It was released for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox Series X/S on February 25, 2022. (wikipidia)

Review:
1. Story Events:

The story in brief takes place in a world called "The Lands Between", and these lands are governed by a queen and her children, they live in this land in peace and harmony, and the world is kept in balance by the power of trees called Erdtree. Furthermore, there is a ring that supplies the trees with its powers called "Elden Ring", the ring has many runes that is responsible for many aspects of life. The story begins after the arrival of dark knights who stole a piece of the elden ring which was responsible for death, and because of the balance was shattered and chaos erupted, evil rose and wars spread.

You the player, who is one of the "Tarnished" was summoned by the Elden Ring and the Erdtree to help in restoring balance to the world, you will as you progress, along your travels through the Elden Ring Lands Between, you’ll meet plenty of other Tarnished heroes, especially in Roundtable Hold – a haven for Tarnished that exists outside the Lands Between – but obviously, you’re the one who must become the next Elden Lord.

2. Gameplay:

Speaking of the gameplay, i will be honest if i really want to give a great opinion of the gameplay i would need more than 2 pages of writing because of the many aspects, roles, and lore available, but in general like many mmo rpg games, in the beginning and during some occasions you will feel as if you are playing "Dark Souls". However "Elden Ring" will give you a sense of dificulty and challenge, it will sometimes force you to play in a certain way that might first feel uncomfortable, you will suffer during the gameplay but nevertheless you will enjoy it, you will need to understand the basics of the game, going through character creation, choosing you role and knowing when you should attack and/or retreat. For players who have played mmo rpg games, won't need to read such things, as they probably know them already. But for those who are not familiar with such aspects, i can tell you that the gameplay is much easier than other games made by Miyazaki, not because of its easier system, but because the game features many components that gives you an easier experience of the game. Therefore i can tell and based on my experience of playing the game is easier.

Personally in the beginning, i began the game in the class of the samurai, which is considered somehow a tough to use class compared to other magical classes, my main use in my class was the samurai katana and bows and arrows in some cases, in all classes there are special abilities for each class, for example, using my character the samurai, i felt that my character has a mastery of blowing fire by torch, i am not really sure if other classes has the same mastery or not, even the shield of the samurai is very effective against fire, the game features many weapons some available for specific classes and others available to all classes, some weapons are only available after you slay a boss, you can also buy or craft clothes and suits, what i also enjoyed during my playthrough is that you can change your gameplay style whenever you want, speaking of myself during my playthrough as a samurai, i decided to try magic and found it quite enjoyable, especially since sometimes you need to use magic against specific enemies or during some events. Another great feature of the game is that enemies are unpredictable, each enemy has a certain fighting style which you need notice quickly if you don't want to be slaughtered by them. In my playthrough i played in class of the Samurai, the Mage, Knight, and a Thief, there are many other classes.

3. Difficulty ?:

The game has difficulty, but that is a very entertaining thing about it, sometimes you will feel like its impossible to kill a boss and in other cases you will walk through many battle unscathed, the important thing you should know is that the game is very entertaining and very addictive, and its hard to stop playing it. Tbh for months "Elden Ring" was the only game i played. When you start playing the game you won't stop until you get tired. Based on my experience i found it very hard to stop even though i died alot.

4. Online:

I will not be a able to give a great opinion about the online feature of the game, because my gameplay using it was low, what needs to be said is that co-op is available, you can invite friends or other players to help you out in you various gameplays, and quests.

5. Flaws:

The first flaw and i like to point out that this is my personal opinion, since others might not find a problem with what i am saying, many bosses and enemies are somehow similar in there graphical build and character design, i also find that there is wierd design in battles, i honestly find it irregular for troops to have monsters assisting them in battle.

The second flaw i found, again which others might not agree with me, is the long climbing and descending when using stairs, ladders or elevators, they are time consuming and a waste of time, especially considering if you die and have to climb all the way back up again.

The third flaw, is the repetition of dungeons and building, sure the building and dungeons look different, yet they still have the same design just different coloration.

The fourth flaw, i noticed that there are several gaps and instances where you can become overpowered, which players may take advantage of and ruin his experience. (lets be honest, you're not really playing the game if you cheat).

Would you recommend this to other users? The least that can be said about "Elden Ring" is that it is an epic game and highly addictive. And i can say with ease that i enjoyed very much playing it, and it has big content that lets you play for more than 100 hours you can finish it in less time, but its best to take your time playing it. Undoubtebly i recommend this game to all those who enjoy mmo rpg and open-world games. However, because of the flawes i mentioned earlier i am inclined to give it a 4/5 rating.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐