Favorite Fairytale

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,478 happy users since 2014.
Register

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Throughout time and across many cultures there are plenty of legends, lore, fables, and fairytales written from so many different perspectives.

What are some of your favorites?
Why do you love them?
Do you prefer a modern retelling of the tale or the originals?

You aren't limited to just one, so if you have more than one, feel free to share them too!

Hans Bloodsmith

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hmm, i think my favorite one would be Beauty and the Beast and The Hunchback of Notredam.
The first one because well, i like the story plot, the characters and most of all the moral, that love is blind and know no difference...sigh, as cheesy as that sound. I also really like what they do with the Disney movie which is one of my favorite Disney movie of all time, the art was beautifull for that time (especially the dancing scene) and the songs was stunning, even the Gaston song and dont let me start on the live action remake, sigh Emma Wattson was a perfect Belle considering her well known play as Hermione.
And the second was for almost the same reason but with more....dark theme, the character (in the movie) feels realistic, too realistic in fact, the loneliness and pain of Quasimodo, the blind justice and lust of Frollo, the torn of duty and moral of Phoebus and the snarks of Esmeralda make them feel like real human rather than 2D character. And the plot of the story ohh boy, its so dark but also relatable, i can actually see Frollo as more real vilaian by the way he act and the topic of the whole story....racims, differences and religions....wow. And the songs ohh men, it always send shiver everytime i hear the song Hellfire, which was his expression of his lust to Esmeralda and his self-righteusness. Also one little detail where Esmeralda dont end up together with Quasimodo even though he clearly have feeling for her yet still save her from the fiery stakes. Epic.

ellabella

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I love my old fashion fairytales/fables..but i have nothing against new type of tales. A few of my favo are:
Aladin
Beauty&the beast
Snowwhite
Sleepingbeauty
Goldylocks
Cinderella.. Ect...

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
I don't know if I could pick just one or two. I love so many of these stories because they have so much wonder and are so easy to share. I especially love to read retellings and reimaginings of these stories.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 5 years
Lately I've been really into Cinderella retellings. Usually I'm not a huge fan of hers, but lately there been getting my attention. Have any of you read some good retellings lately?

DarkPhantom

Veteran Lv7️⃣
VIP
Active User
Member for 6 years
My favourite Fairy - tail (fairytale) is the number one guild in all of Fiore. (Anime show) 😁

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
To be honest..... I am not so interested on fairytales.....But I used to like Snow White. But when I was a kid....l loved to listen myth.