Fix ads

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,279 happy users since 2014.
Register

Increase points

• Total voters

datguydoe445

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
I have a huge problem with how the owner/mods/ who ever controls the ads, redid them. I mean I could watch 5 ads and just get 11 points, most things on here cost what, 49 59 points or more, so I think that the number of points should be increased to at least up to 100 sb points

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
*sigh* starting my rants counter about this subject: 2
I may need a disclaimer how all of this aren't personal but whatever.

Let me rephrase, you, and many people are having problems with not getting enough points for doing almost nothing.
If you want points, work for it, it isn't even hard to do.
Write a honest review? Maybe spend time on writing a review for a few points instead of this kind of suggestion.
Making a YT video about a mod here? Now this is imo, the best way for literally everyone since it doesn't need any form of skills. Plus, the reward is even higher than posting a mod. How much encouragements do people need other than this?

Now the ads thingy, you're doing almost nothing for points, click some button, let the ad run and take the points.
You get almost no points out of it should translated to you wouldn't always be getting the best rewards for taking the easy way.

We all see how everyone just climb on our head and ask for more when they're given what they want. We're trying to make this an active community, not a downloading site.

Once again, all of this aren't a personal attack, these stuffs I see ALL THE TIME and I feel the need to point out the directional sign that's literally right in front of people, if you take any of this into considerations, it would be much appreciated.
Good. Day.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
As kasami said, ads are for free sb points, and you have other more feasible methods to earn them along with various other benefits, the admin lowered the max sb points due to 'some' people <try reading up 'cheaters of sbennytopia' in contest and site news> messing with the system, so, there's hardly anything that will be done by complaining about it.

Qwertyuiopasdf

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 5 years
*sigh* starting my rants counter about this subject: 2
I may need a disclaimer how all of this aren't personal but whatever.

Let me rephrase, you, and many people are having problems with not getting enough points for doing almost nothing.
If you want points, work for it, it isn't even hard to do.
Write a honest review? Maybe spend time on writing a review for a few points instead of this kind of suggestion.
Making a YT video about a mod here? Now this is imo, the best way for literally everyone since it doesn't need any form of skills. Plus, the reward is even higher than posting a mod. How much encouragements do people need other than this?

Now the ads thingy, you're doing almost nothing for points, click some button, let the ad run and take the points.
You get almost no points out of it should translated to you wouldn't always be getting the best rewards for taking the easy way.

We all see how everyone just climb on our head and ask for more when they're given what they want. We're trying to make this an active community, not a downloading site.

Once again, all of this aren't a personal attack, these stuffs I see ALL THE TIME and I feel the need to point out the directional sign that's literally right in front of people, if you take any of this into considerations, it would be much appreciated.
Good. Day.
I still think LP mod is the best. It's faster, require even less skill, require less storage, and you can still get SB Point after you post it.

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I really understand your concerns guys, I was expecting this to happen honestly, as I was giving too much and I kept increasing the reward, forgetting about our main goal, which isn't monetizing the site (though we're talking about a few cents from such video ads) but instead creating a solid and active community, made of people who are here not just to download mods, but also, and hopefully primarily, to help others and make new friends!

That's why I had to rethink about the way I was giving SB Points to users, and watching ads was really unbalanced compared to other activities.

Let's not forget about the "Daily Login Bonus" which applies to Active Users only, and gives way less than 200 SB Points, and in order to get that, you have to really be active on the forum and show interest in what you're doing here, while I was, at the same time, giving everyone a fast and quick way to get up to 200 SB Points on a daily basis for something which just required to make a click and be AFK all the time.

I'm sorry if I let you down guys, but I had to make this drastic change in order to incentivize people into doing what a real community needs, which isn't definitely money, but interaction.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
I really understand your concerns guys, I was expecting this to happen honestly, as I was giving too much and I kept increasing the reward, forgetting about our main goal, which isn't monetizing the site (though we're talking about a few cents from such video ads) but instead creating a solid and active community, made of people who are here not just to download mods, but also, and hopefully primarily, to help others and make new friends!

That's why I had to rethink about the way I was giving SB Points to users, and watching ads was really unbalanced compared to other activities.

Let's not forget about the "Daily Login Bonus" which applies to Active Users only, and gives way less than 200 SB Points, and in order to get that, you have to really be active on the forum and show interest in what you're doing here, while I was, at the same time, giving everyone a fast and quick way to get up to 200 SB Points on a daily basis for something which just required to make a click and be AFK all the time.

I'm sorry if I let you down guys, but I had to make this drastic change in order to incentivize people into doing what a real community needs, which isn't definitely money, but interaction.
It shows that you cares about our members, even though your trust is misplaced.
Thank you for your works on this beautiful place, it's my #1 community (it's also my only community but still) xD

datguydoe445

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
I am kinda new to this site so I didn't know that you could do this thanks for the advice

datguydoe445

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
I made this thread to not to come off rude, I really love this website, keep it up

Unimortant

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
I know that this is rather late to the party of topic and that its all pretty much been sorted already but, as someone who (admittedly, rarely) lurks on this forum and used those ads, when they gave a ludicrous amount of SB Points, to get the mods i was after i think that the change was a very good one because in the past i could have spent 30 seconds to then get more than enough to get one of the mods i wanted and still have Points left over, this at least actually means that if you want something you either have to come on here for maybe more than once whenever you wanted something or actually start contributing to the community. to sum all of this up, the change is, imo good