💬 Review Forty Milleniums of Cultivation by Enlightened Master Crouching Cow by K8llerquen

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,773 happy users since 2014.
Register

K8llerquen

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Forty Milleniums of Cultivation by Enlightened Master Crouching Cow

In a world of cultivators the main character Li Yao gains the memories of an ancient Legendary artificier in a setting that is similar to Warhammer 40K, but less grimdark.

Review:
Don't sleep on this series. It's actually really fun and rewarding. It probably would be best to read the first 130-ish chapters all at once to get a good picture of where the story is going and what the setting is though. Quick reminder that this is a very different novel from the usual Chinese fantasy novels. This novel is a sci-fi novel and is definitely a one-of-a-kind.
The first hundred chapters of this novel is very unsatisfying and filled with cliches of typical Chinese novels like the arrogant young masters, but it gets better. After 500 chapters this novel has became one of my favorites, I won't delve into the details as that could be considered a spoiler but it's really good, instead of relying on luck and plot armor the MC of this novel actually has a brain and experiences setbacks. His main advantage (The memories of an ancient cultivator) isnt super OP as they're all theory. And unlike the other xianxias the MC isnt focused on combat but instead on artifact crafting. Humanity (at least within MC's world) more or less banded together with a common sense of destiny. Not everyone is a selfish prick out to scheme/crawl their way to the top like typical xianxia novels. Seems like took reference to "Swallowed Star", so at least it's a little more uplifting to read. The purpose of cultivation isn't for antiquated thoughts of immortality, but to live a fulfilling life. That resonates with a lot of modern thinking. I've seen countless people drop this book after SPOILERS he didn't join the Deep Sea University but it ties itself in an immensely beautiful way.
The integration of xianxia with modern culture (kind of like Cultivation Chat Group) is fascinating and very unique.

Would you recommend this to other users? Certainly. The novel is very well-written and the plot was great, the side characters are also really good.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

JohNull

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 1 year
I have been getting more into e-books since I come from a fan base revolved around visual novels. As per my tastes, I love a good narrative, and so I have been looking at some reviews for e-books, and yours really caught my eye. Thank you for taking the time to write this, as I am very keen on picking this one up. You have quite an eloquent writing style. Most reviews I read are very hard to soak in all the specifics of what they are reviewing due to their lack of fluidity. Yours, on the other hand, are straight to the point and blunt. I highly recommend you write more reviews on future e-books as you can use it as a way to earn some more SB points to spend on some more e-books you love. Once again, thank you. :)

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
You got me with the Warhammer setting, that's just cool.