Fresh windows install on a dual drive laptop

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,397 happy users since 2014.
Register

rashimkavel7

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
Hey! I own a Lenovo IdeaPad S340. It only had a HDD before I decided to install an SSD to it. I have installed a WD Green M.2 SSD and now I want to boot windows from the SSD. I have about 80 gb of data on my HDD. I will be keeping the HDD in the pc for storage. I own genuine windows 10 along an office subscription. Kindly help.
I would love a step by step guide.

Legacy

⭐???? ?? ??????⭐
Verified 18+ user
Member for 4 years
1. Is your SSD empty?
2. Have you installed any windows before?

Supersport396

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 4 years
Unplug cables from the current hard drive and then install windows on the ssd drive. Do all updates and driver updates. Once this is done,turn off computer and unplug the power before you reconnect the cables to the old hard drive. Plug power cable in and turn it on. Go into the Bios and make the SSD your Primary Harddrive.

666deus

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 3 years
You need to clone old hard disk to new ssd. For example you can use :
AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition
Macrium Reflect
DVDFab
Clonezilla and Active iso Burner
etc...

PS : WD Green M.2 SSD is very bad......

sophis

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
You have 2 options, either install a (new) windows 10 os on the ssd and re-install all other programs that you need/want, but you will loose all current settings. Or 'clone' your HDD to the SDD, which is more complicated but then you don't need to worry abour re-installs, loosing settings etc. But in order to be able to clone the HDD, its partion can not be larger then your SDD, so you have to shrink that or divide it up. AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard Edition has all the tools.

Last edited:

666deus

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 3 years
Install new windows 10 and crack the serial with kmspico server. Really easy and fast
Hi !
For a lot of laptop : No need to crack. The Serial information of Win 10 are on the UEFI (Bios) or an other chip in motherboard. Just install the same version (win 10 home or pro or ...) and it will fully activate automatically !:angeldroid: