General Chat Notification

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,097 happy users since 2014.
Register

Ife

Sbennytopia's Asocial Pirate 🏴‍☠️
Member for 5 years
Please can we receive notifications for the general chat like it is for the other messages. Even if I'm mentioned in the GC I'm unaware, unless I come across the chat around that moment. I don't get notified for the private chats too. There are only notifications for likes and reactions.

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I approve this message. Also, the chat doesn't make sounds on Edge, just Firefox for some reason.

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Literally FireFox spam me with GC notification xD

Ife

Member for 5 years
I use Google Chrome. So, is it a browser thing?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
If you refer to forum alerts, I just enabled a setting in the chat to send alerts whenever someone mentions you or starts a conversation with you, hope it's what you're asking for.

Ife

Member for 5 years
If you refer to forum alerts, I just enabled a setting in the chat to send alerts whenever someone mentions you or starts a conversation with you, hope it's what you're asking for.
Thanks Boss. Does it work if I'm quoted too

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
Do you know why the "pop" sound triggers on Firefox and not on Edge? When anyone talks on Firefox, the sound triggers, but for some reason, the chat is muted on Edge. Is this on my end?

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
I'm not sure, but I think Edge doesn't properly read mp3 audio. Microsoft always failed at doing properly working products :|

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I'm not sure, but I think Edge doesn't properly read mp3 audio. Microsoft always failed at doing properly working products :|
That explains it then. It's annoying as Edge is much smoother than Firefox on my laptop.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
Idea! Just give a notification when someone replies a comment that have a letter in your name Uwu
Wouldn't miss anything afterwards OwŌ