💬 Review Girl In Pieces By Kathleen Glasgow by xaymarc

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,460 happy users since 2014.
Register

xaymarc

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Girl In Pieces By Kathleen Glasgow

A book about a sad girl who has gone through a lot of challenges. Both mentally, Physically, and environmentally. Its about healing, growth, and understanding who you want to be as a person.

Review:
TW: Topics of Depression, mental hospitals, SH

Spoiler Alert - Some light scenes from the beginning of the book.

This book is definitely NOT for everyone, these topics are very intense and REAL. The first few pages had me crying from how intense everything felt so do not take this book lightly.

Charlie, a 17 year old girl, has gone through a lot in her life. Fighting off depression everyday. Her body is scarred all over because of it. The book starts off in Charlie's POV, she's in the mental hospital. The first few chapters guides us through Charlie's mind, talking about how she feels under certain circumstances. It really shows the effect that Depression can have over someone. She doesn't stay in the mental hospital for long, mid way through the book she leaves because of financial situations but thats when it really starts to get good. Charlie is sort of forced to grow in that moment, Getting a job and an apartment. She starts to heal. Slowly but surely she is getting there. We meet some new characters around this time, but it gets crazy really quickly. A lot of things that includes those new characters, really start to twist Charlie's mind back around. The book itself has a lot of plot twists, especially for the time of book that it is. But I think that those plot twists keep things interesting.

Overall, The book is sad, but That does not mean that it is boring. It is beautifully written and highly talked about (as it should be). The author did a wonderful job showing Charlie's character as well as easing the healing process in the book.

Would you recommend this to other users? This book has been one of my all time favorites only because of the special place it has in my heart. The topics that Kathleen Glasgow touches on are not for everyone, but for the people who have gone through what Charlie has gone through, I recommend this book A million times.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
The title of the book seems to be quite.... heavy. And after seeing your review it does look like an absolute rollercoaster of emotions. I'm not sure this is the book for me, perhaps it's too deep for my shallow mind to grasp

Crackerdoodle

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
This book has been in my "Want to read" list for a while and seeing your review re-piqued my interest in it!! I struggle with mental health issues so this sounds like a book I can probably relate with! Thank you!

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
I hope you carry on well with those issues, have a nice read.
:)

Graiksej

Novice Lv1️⃣
I've read the book. It's really scary read like the first few chapters then it's kind of cringe after. I still think if anyone wants to pick up a book to understand depression, I think this book is it.