📖 Tutorial Hacking game asset files by kryo

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,122 happy users since 2014.
Register

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
Hey guys, just thought to post some ways I use to edit games. This tutorial is for Unity games (so you have Assembly-CSharp.dll or ill2cpp.so) either way we are not interested in modding these :D

Pros and cons:

+ you can mod some games which have protection like xigncode (not all of them )
+ not always edited data need updating when new game update is out so no need to edit again or can easily import previously edited files into new __data file which its much quicker
+ you can use hex editing in further part of tut on many other games not just unity
- it will take some time to get used to this type of editing where data are in binary form and you have to make sense of values
- sometimes game download data again under different asset folder so you have to copy edited file into this new folder
- sometimes assets are encrypted

Programs used:
H x D - download here
010 editor - download here
AssetStudio - download here
UnityEx - download here

Ok, lets start. For this example we will look at this game https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.apig.relic.kr.aos

Step 1: Install game from playstore (I used Nox as easy and quick to test)

Step 2: Run the game and let it download all files

Step 3: In File explorer ( I use Total commander) navigate to sdcard/Android/data folder where you find com.apig.relic.kr.aos folder

Step 4: Copy whole folder to your pc

Step 5: Now it will start to be bit more interesting, as you find all data files are inside this folder,

also if you see this game has xigncode protection, dont worry about that now

Step 6: Open AssetStudio and click File, Load folder

and navigate to com.apig.relic.kr.aos\files\UnityCache\ , program will start scanning all assets inside this folder, sometimes it lasts bit longer , let it load whole list

Step 7: Click Filter Type and select TextAssets only and then click Asset list to load all assets

Step 8: Lets select one asset from the list. In this case SkillGrowthTemplate, right click on it and show original file

Note the folder name, this is where we have our hidden file. We can close AssetStudio at this point as we dont need it any further.

Step 9: Lets open UnityEx now and navigate to our folder in this case 2f0f694b0785e6769c8c489b4203789399ad46aa and open __data file

Step 10: List of files will load, when you have loads of files in the list its easier to sort them by name. Right click on SkillGrowthTemplate and select export selected. Keep UnityEx open while we do edit.

Step 11: Selected file will be exported into same folder where __data file is located. Now is time for bit more fun, open H x D and load SkillGrowthTemplate.txt into hed editor. You may notice txt extension however data are not easily readable so we have to hex edit them. Once file loaded click on adapt to window width and change width of editor to see if you manage to align data so they will make columns see pic. in this case 32 bytes per row. Not always you can achieve this but most of the time you should be able. Depends on how many columns of data is per each line. You can sometimes change font size and disable ascii text to have more room if required anyway this is not needed for out tut.

Step 12: Foo, that was tiring, just to get to point when we actually edit some stuff :D Ok these file are most of the time either int or float and they are in reversed endian so open browser and go to Floating Point to Hex Converter for conversion float to hex and click swap endianness and vice versa and I just use calculator to do the same for integer values just dont forget to read numbers backwards eg (12 34 56 in hex would be 56 34 12 in editor). Anyway data in our file are float so lets use our online calculator and inspect what we find

Step 13: Lets have a closer look at some numbers. Key is to have some starting point, so its easier if you run game and gather some data from game window, in this case how much your skill raise when you level t up, so we find values like 0.1, 0.2 etc which indicates 0.08 is most probable value for some skills, and if you see in hex editor these values are all located below each other if you line them up.

0ad7a33d is 0.08 in float, 64 after is some added value or something, dont be confused. We are interested in first 8 bytes. Copy and paste these numbers into your float to hex converter and should get some normal value, in this example 0.08 and if you test in the game this is added value for one of the skills. We need to change this to some higher number, lets say we do 500, which in hex will be 00 00 fa 43 as seen on picture above. Change 0ad7a33d to 0000fa43 and save file.

Step 14: Return to UnityEx where you have your open __data file and click import all files. This will import all edited files in exported folder. Note, it wont import anything else which is not in original file so dont worry if you have any extra backup files in that folder. New __data file is created instead of original one. Probably good idea to make copy before you click import.

Step 15: Copy __data file to sdcard/Android/data/com.apig.relic.kr.aos/files/UnityCache/Shared/2f0f694b0785e6769c8c489b4203789399ad46aa and overwrite existing file (note this folder name might be different and sometimes game downloads data again so just copy edited file again into newly created folder)

Step 16: Test game and profit

If you have any questions, please ask

credits: kryo

Last edited:

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
There will be addition to this tutorial where we use 010 editor which proven to be handy on this game. But thats for bit later. perhaps Sunday :p

Last edited:

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
No more reserves now..muahahahaha xD

kryo

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 7 years
feck, just deleted stuff for my other post by accident, was at step 10, have to redo it. and also pics ion my first post dont show blah

Edit: All sorted

Last edited:

Lucifer

☠ Dark Lord ☠
Member for 8 years
feck, just deleted stuff for my other post by accident, was at step 10, have to redo it. and also pics ion my first post dont show blah
LOL xD

Atecubanos

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
você upload image again
Post automatically merged:

upload image again