💬 Review Hacksaw Ridge by sazawa

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,713 happy users since 2014.
Register

sazawa

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Hacksaw Ridge

Hacksaw ridge is a movie starring Doss Desmond (Andrew Garfield), who does not touch a weapon in a war. This movie is a true story of Doss Desmond, who was awarded Congressional Medal of Honor due to his bravery in the battlefield by saving 75 people without shooting once.

Review:
(a little bit of spoilers)
The first half of the movie takes place in the life of Desmond Doss. He is a big Christian, he has really deep beliefs in Christianity. In the first scene, we're shown Desmond Doss fighting his brother and hits him on his head. The brother almost dies then dramatically Desmond Doss walks towards a poster in his house, "Thou shall never kill". "This movie is probably going to be bad, a main character who won't kill in a war movie does not sound like a good idea." I thought. We're then shown the dad's abusive nature. Desmond Doss grows up, still having crazy beliefs in Christianity. His brother and himself goes into the military. The dad is just so confused now, he himself went into war and saw all of his friends die and now his children are also going to the army. I really like how to actor acts on that. Desmond Doss completes his training but, before going to the war he goes to a court -- to be held trial, because of the general. But he was let go by his father, a war veteran. He was very confused, so confused he didn't know what to do and helped his son to go into the army, the same place he saw his friends die.

The second half of the story is about the actual war. By now, I am already liking this idea of "Main character in a war who use no weapons." Because he's seen a lot of things in his past, it makes sense for his crazy beliefs. And also, he'll become a medic. The actual war is very very gore. Which made the war look even more realistic.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, you've probably watched it.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐