Halloween Event 2020

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,265 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Halloween 2020  v2.png

This event will begin on 10/29/2020 CST and close to new entries on 11/05/2020 CST. Shortly after, the results will be posted and the winners contacted. If you have any questions regarding this event please comment below and we will do our best to reply asap.

D sam

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 4 years
What was the silhouette of your girlfriend. You can't help but let a pray run through your mind, oh god, anyone but her. You instinctively let a sigh of relief when it doesn't turn out to be your angry girlfriend who you forgot to pick up from her Haloween party, at least the ghost would be kinder. The guess however turns out to be nearly accurate as the figure is that of her best friend. She babbles on and on about how your girlfriend is angry for leaving her and for a moment you are reminded of the times of how it used to be before they both died in a fire at a Haloween party.....and then you start running again.

P.S.-I guess boredom has it's advantages...

Last edited:

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
original.jpg

....a shadow, and not just any shadow...YOUR OWN shadow.
Is your eyes playing game on you? Are you going crazy? You don't know, but a sudden realization snapped you out of your thoughts... it's coming towards you.
Your vision is blurred as you run, you don't know how long but you're exhausted, cold and....not alone, it's still there.
You know can't give up, you can still hear its voice...it's laugh echoing through the leaves.
You can't think..., darkness seemingly everywhere and...a smile...its smile...you feel no coldness, no emotions..., as your consciousness leaving you, "Welcome" it whispered.

(One simple horror story I came up yeah, it's pretty lame because I don't know all the phrasing of words to make it more interesting 😅😂)

chere100

Droidstein Lv8️⃣
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
the shape of a man, tall and thin, but eyes that resembled red balls of fire, as if from the very pits of hell. It's dressed like a 19th century British gentlemen, its face mostly in shadow, but you see its blood like lips and the slow stretch of pallid skin bunching up as it smiles at you. You freeze as you see its sharp pointed teeth, and then... the demon jumps. It covers impossible distances, its shark-like incisors coming close to your face. It tears into your clothes with its claws, you scream in terror... and it leaps away into the night, leaving you there, scared and confused.

forest.jpg

Last edited:

CordeliaCross

?Freelance ? Writer ?
Active User
Member for 6 years
Heyo I have a question...is giving a picture along with the story necessary...because I am too lazy to do that?
Not at all, you could do one or the other, or even submit them separately as two different entries. :)
Post automatically merged:

Oof, you beat me to it, lol.

ZenoniaLvr

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
Nothing. It should made you sigh in relief but instead felt a shudder coming inside you and shaking your whole being. It was pitch black. Not even the light from the moon a while ago can be seen nor the moon itself.
images.jpeg

It's like when you used your phone at midnight with the lights off. Besides the light coming from your phone's screen, the moment you turn your attention from it to your surrounding makes you see nothing. Not even the silhouette or outline of your furnitures.
girl-using-phone-in-bed-in-the-dark.jpg

Out from the premises of your home, seeing pitch black in the woods is a different story. You never know what might be lurking inside that darkness.

P.S If you already has been acquainted with your 'housemates' in your bedroom then maybe you aren't that afraid to be alone in the dark in the woods. Kudos to you.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
.....a wounded man filled with arrows but still alive, your blood run cold as you hear another explosion...closer and you sure it was his friends or whatever attacking them.
No one crazy enough to come here alone, to The Culling, or at least no one like you; it is so much worse than you imagined, but you don't have a choice, your sister...., held your sword tigh, relieve of the safety feelings, you focus on the situation.
People here are desperate, so as you, but you didn't expect so many Mages; you got lucky making it this far, so you need to win, you have to win, that's mean watching this man suffering if you don't want to get sensed by other Mages but your guts told you otherwise.
The man head suddenly jerked back, look at where he came from with tears in his eyes, he felt it too, the present of his friends...gone, all while the unknowns get closer, desperate peoples can do many things, but these aren't people, these...creatures, they enjoy killing, the way they done it makes you think they join just for it.
Cursing at yourself, you conjure and fling a Fire Ball at them, their confusions gave you enough time to teleport both of you into a cave, it's only a matter of time now that you revealed yourself, but if your luck held up...your thoughts are interrupted by the wounded man telling that you should not have helped and that it's already too late, before you could make any sense of it; a hand grab you by the foot as more skeletons burst out of the rocks grabs and claws you, you tried chanting a spell but one thrives a rusty knife into my chest...the last thing I see was the hooded figures looking down on me with nothing but a void in their eyes.

(I can enter multiple story yes? And I do see the rule, I just have to make sure 😗
And sorry for the LONG LONG story 😅)

oOLiNdAOo

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Just a few feet ahead you see it, the existence you have long lost and longed to feel again, death might've changed how they appear now yet they are still beautiful nevertheless.
you turn around and face them, eyes locked on the creature that shares the visage of your loved one, and with teary eyes you reach out. slightly before you finally hold them you hear it, their voice coming from somewhere else crying for you to stop. the creature before you finally starts to shift mirroring your face.

your evil twin

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
A shining pair of blue eyes, and a two rows of gleaming white teeth. You back away in horror from this monstrous apparition, and stumble over a tree root. You fall flat on your back and desperately try to crawl away. You can't make out the size or shape of the rest of the monster, and at first you think it is simply dark, pitch black, and impossible to discern in the forest at night. But then you realise that you can just make out the dark shapes of trees between those animal eye and sinister mouth: the creature's face is completely disembodied, like some demonic version of Alice's famous Cheshire Cat!

(Yes, I was inspired by D sam's previous post of the Alice in Wonderland image. And BlackEden's avatar and signature. It just seemed a perfect fit for this spooky situation!)

Bluescreen22515

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 7 years
Death his learing skull glaring at you in the moonlight you panic and back into a tree he glides closer the grass turning black and the leaves falling from the trees into ash and you try to run but you slide across the damp ground your foot catching a root you hear a chitering laugh and your head smashes against a stone you feel cold and angry then you feel nothing

Memeframe

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
…an indiscernible figure (despite the moon’s light shining over the both of you) with pitch black eyes that threatened to suck you in like a black hole that leads to a space devoid of life and silver chains that glint under the light and hang onto its wrists, feet and neck. Rooted to the spot by its accusingly magnetic yet hazardous gaze, you could do nothing else but blink but as you open your eyes, the silhouette wasn’t there, like it didn’t exist at all and it was just your imagination. You decide to take the chance and run like the wind through the moon-illuminated trees, directions be damned, until you eventually run out of stamina and drop with a painful thud onto the ground. “Running is hopeless,” you conclude as you curl up into a ball while your breathing escalates to being too erratic, difficult and painful to manage, your eyes (that are tightly shut) begin to fill with tears and whispered screams assault your ears. As a pitiful attempt to stay even remotely sane and conscious, you open your tearful eyes and with your fuzzy, flickering gaze, you can identify blurry, humanoid outlines, that same unidentifiable figure and flashing colours of red and blue in the background before you unsuccessfully mutter an apology and your consciousness is sucked in by those very same pitch black eyes in the dark.

Note 1: Before anyone says anything, some words are spelled differently because of the difference between American-English and British-English spellings, so I apologise for the presumed inconvenience.

Note 2: I wanted this to be an extended metaphor about guilt and running away from it, but perhaps I either went too far or got way too sidetracked and complicated. I'm not used to writing stories with only five sentences. GCSEs do that to you sometimes. Plus, it was 3 AM when I made this. I was bored so may as well.

Note 3: I put too many commas. Oops.

Note 4: Changed out the 'me' and 'us' because I apparently didn't spot it while proof-reading. Who'dathought? And I'm used to writing in first person, so-

Last edited:

deianearra

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
A Darkness that eats up everything behind you and you are running away from it, trying not to be eaten too. You move every parts of your body, trying to get away with it towards the light, but then a lot of pair of eyes started to popped out on the shadows and started to scream loud voices and catching up on you. Your legs started to be eaten by the shadows, realizing it, you cannot handle your anxiety anymore that you started to scream and crying on devastation. You unconsciously held your breath while the shadows slowly eats you, and your vision suddenly goes bright. When you opened your eyes, you seems back to your usual scenery, there's an urge to laugh so hard that you can't control it, "Finally I'm safe here, yes!" You slips those words from your mouth and started to laugh again uncontrollably, you hear someone talking from behind the white door "that person doing it again?" then the person he talked to answered him by a quite 'yes' and followed by silent.

/Sorry if my english is so bad, it's not my native language and i haven't sleep yet 😂/

Attachments

Eden

Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Approval Team
Verified 18+ user
Member for 5 years
A shining pair of blue eyes, and a two rows of gleaming white teeth. You back away in horror from this monstrous apparition, and stumble over a tree root. You fall flat on your back and desperately try to crawl away. You can't make out the size or shape of the rest of the monster, and at first you think it is simply dark, pitch black, and impossible to discern in the forest at night. But then you realise that you can just make out the dark shapes of trees between those animal eye and sinister mouth: the creature's face is completely disembodied, like some demonic version of Alice's famous Cheshire Cat!

(Yes, I was inspired by D sam's previous post of the Alice in Wonderland image. And BlackEden's avatar and signature. It just seemed a perfect fit for this spooky situation!)
I love it :love:

Status
Not open for further replies.