📖 Tutorial How to fix "INVALID METADATA VERSION" error in dll files

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,847 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
It may happen with some Android games (and not only) that you see an error like this when trying to hack or simply browse a dll.

When this does happen, it means there's a missing or corrupt metadata version in the dll headers.

I'll be fast and simple. What we will do is replacing these headers using CFF Explorer and HxD (or your favourite HEX EDITOR.. even CFF Explorer if you do prefer) with some working metadata version headers.

If you don't have CFF Explorer installed yet, you can download it from here: CFF Explorer

Now, let's open CFF Explorer and move the affected dll into the left box:

Then, click on .NET Directory and a sub menu will appear. Just select MetaData Header and a table will show at the right.
What you need to do is to copy the offset relative to the VersionString which represent the Version of the Metadata:

As you can see, my Offset for the VersionString is: 00012118. I'll copy this offset.

Now, let's use the Address Converter in CFF Explorer, putting the offset into the "File Offset" field of this table and press Enter:

What you will need now is simple, but you will just need to reply to this Topic to see how to complete the fix for the "Invalid Metadata Version" error:

🔒 Hidden content
You need to Register or Login in order to view this content. Since you're viewing the AMP-accelerated version of our website which doesn't store login cookies, please scroll to the bottom of this page and click on the "View Non-AMP Version" button first, thanks!
I hope this tutorial will be useful for you and if you do have anything to share with us, do not hesitate to reply below!

Regards,

Sbenny

NOTE: I own the credits for this tutorial and I do authorize the sharing of it only if you give credits to me (Sbenny) and put a backlink to this Topic.

Keirnan

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
Thank you for posting this!

ThuggzBunny

Addicted Lv3️⃣
VIP Member
Member for 6 years
great tutorial. nice & simply explained. Thank you!

:D :headbang: :walkingdroid:

NexusLoveYT

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
ty so much benny