How to record internal audio without root (wired headset with mic needed)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,580 happy users since 2014.
Register

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
This is a pretty neat trick, i am typing the steps here:-
1. Plug in your earphones to your mobile
2. Now, hold the pause button, and keep it in that position with a clip or something that keeps the pause button in the pressed position
3. The google assistant should pop up, ignore that
4. Play whatever you want to record with internal audio (it's recommended to turn on the volume to maximum, otherwise the recorded audio will be really low)
5. After the recording is over, you can un-clip the pause button (but only after you finished recording)
6. Your recording now should have the audio that was played during the recording session. Enjoy!

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
The pause button? what
actually, a normal android phone takes the 'hold the pause button' as to mute the mic, and on earphones this gets crossed with the audio your phone is sending, so, your recording then gets the internal audio that your phone sends.

This doesn't need to be done with android 10 and above though, they have the feature to record internal audio (using apps from play store by AZ screen recorder and some other apps)

Matterhorn56

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
I meant what is the pause button? Like if i have the vlc android app and i hold the pause button or in a browser?

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
I meant what is the pause button? Like if i have the vlc android app and i hold the pause button or in a browser?
Ah, I see
I mean the pause button that's on the earphone's wire.Like this one.
IMG_20210719_060923.jpg

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
Mobile phones come with this feature in China
Actually all mobile phones with Android 11 and above record internal audio regardless of the speaker volume, this is for people who have android 10 and below

Top YouTube Videos of the Month