💬 Review HUANGMI F8 by golden13snitch

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,939 happy users since 2014.
Register

golden13snitch

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: HUANGMI F8

IMG_20200330_111238.jpg

Description
It's a super cheap phone, I buy it for 50$ and already serve me for a month.

Nothing special with the spec, it have all you need for a very basic android phone. You can text, call, email, take a picture, social media or maybe install a light/low spec game :
- Quad core 1,3 GHz
- Dual simcard on
- 4G 850/900/2100
- Android 8.1 Oreo
- 5.67 Inch fullview screen
- Ram 2gb
- Rom 16gb
- Front Camera 8 MP
- Main Camera 13 MP in the back
- Baterai 3200 mAh
- Fingerprit unlock
- FM Radio
- Wi-fi
- GPS
- Bluetooth

and I got a few things include in the box :
- Clear Softcase
- Screen protector
- Headset
- Charger

I buy my phone in a dark blue colour, but you can choose either red or light blue one.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
The first thing I see is price, just 50$ / 800.000 Indonesian Rupiah.

I just survive from a car crash and I need to buy a new phone while I recover and can't work. Once I come back to work of course I will buy a more proper phone -i always buy a rugged phone- for my work, but don't get me wrong this phone is great.

I already installed 30 app in this phone, most of it is chat app, banking and social media, so far it's running good but slower than a high end android phones of course.

2 SIM card working great and I get no problems with it. The camera can get me a clear shots of documents or paper so it's good enough for me and internet running normal, but I never try to use map with this phone to check accuracy speed since I still in recovery and covid-19 lockdown situation force everyone to stay home.

I drop it once from 1.5meter high and everything is still good like new, no screen crack or anything, good for clumsy people like me. Even if it's broke it just a 50$ phone and I have all my data backup online.

Things I don't like
You will never get a sharp image from this phone. You need a lot of light and a little photography trick to get a great picture with this phone but not sharp. Low light mode is great and give you a lot of highlights but lack in noise. I captured the image in this thread using it in a bedroom with low light and no effort to make it look good. The results is just "seeable".

I need to be careful with my app choice so I can still optimising the 2Gb RAM, overall I have no problems with it as long I maintain my download and keeping deleting all the unused files. I don't think I need external memory for this phone because I usually used my laptop almost to everything.

The battery is just never last a full day in this boring lockdown situation. I mostly read ebook and it running out baterai after 9-12 hour read on dark mode. I end up with my power bank always ready to use. In standby mode the phone will last longer of course but not nowadays, I overworked my phone this past 2 weeks.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I think it's a smart choice for who need just a very basic phone. Maybe for your kids first phone, old man who just need to call their grandchildren or for someone who needs substitute phone just like me.

It's cheap, it works ok and you can install a few app to it. It's fullfil the basic need.

Last edited by a moderator: