💬 Review Hyperdimension Neptunia by michael999

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,708 happy users since 2014.
Register

michael999

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: Hyperdimension Neptunia

A parody of the 7th gen console wars with consoles & game companies personified as cute girls. Play as a amnesiac girl named Neptune as she travels through Gamindustri fighting monsters to save the world. Filled with lots of game references and memes.

Review:
This game is the very first game of the Neptunia series and it shows. The battle system is very slow with animations being janky and plenty of frame drops. Many assets also get re-used a lot of in this game which can be offputing to many people. The combo system is kind of like a mock-up of a fighting game except you can also customize the 4-button combo inputs. While seeming over-complicated, I personally enjoyed tinkering with it as I progressed through the game. It's honestly quite a shame that they overly simplified it in the later entries. What is really bad gameplay-wise tho is that healing is RNG-based but it's honestly not that bad cause you can manipulate it during battle. While the gameplay itself is rough around the edges, the atmosphere and tone of this game is in my opinion is the best of the series(a close second would be Megadimension Neptunia V-II). There's plenty of lore building in the game and the character interactions are cute and charming. The music is also really good and I like how subtle it is versus the later entries. You can really tell that this what originally gonna be a one-off series. The story and characterization just feel so complete. While there's a lot of bad things I can say about this game, it's filled with charm that I feel like got lost as more and more entries of this series got released.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes. It's full of charm. I do have a bias tho since Neptune's my waifu.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐