If you could have the answer to any question, what would it be?

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,105 happy users since 2014.
Register

Jwye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Surprisingly, I finally thought of a question to ask. It's mostly for myself since it's about me but it's just something I keep thinking about.

Why am I the way I am now? Pretty vague I guess, but I was told by my mother that as a kid, I used to be really energetic and extroverted. Now I'm just being lazy around the place, even before COVID hit I was being lazy. Not only am I lazy, I'm also very introverted now. I talk more to people online and feel like I have a better bond with them than with people in real life. I'm so introverted that talking to my parents isn't easy for me.

I like to think that maybe I became this way after moving from my old house, which was in another country. When I moved houses, I was exposed to a whole new environment, the weather was different, the people were very different and the language I had to speak also had a huge change (I had to learn two new languages).

When my parents ask me what happened to me and why I changed this way, I can't answer them since I don't know what changed. They give different reasons for why it could've happened but I deny all those options since I'm sure none of that changed me. So really, I'm just lost.
I'd like to think of this like your growing out of your "baby" skin. Kind of like how a snake sheds their outer skin, but more for a personality sense. Some do it, some don't. As for the question itself? I'd like to know the answer to that as well. We're all different people leading different lives, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the answer is completely different for each individual.

To be honest, I feel like social media/screens in general have to do with some personality changes. Myself, for example. I used to enjoy going out all the time when I was younger—I was content with the fact I had no technology other than a scrappy old computer and some cheap flip phones to my family name. (Oh, and also a T.V.) However, that changed when we got an iPad. I learned quickly that staring at screens? It's addicting. You pull up your favourite videos, and as a kid, your eyes never leave that screen. It's one of the reasons why channels targetted for the younger audiences make so much money.

Social media itself changes people. They become so obsessed with what other people think of them, of their pictures, of their followers, likes, that they change their entire lifestyles to match the "trend" of that time. If you're like me, and are not really into Instagram or Snapchat or whatever it is that is very popular right now, you'd think that people like that are... well, not stupid, but wasting their time. It's come to me that pretty much everyone believes that there is a "socially acceptable" figure. That if they do not look or act a certain way, they are not acceptable. While I understand why people would think this, I believe the more important aspect of life would be to be able to accept YOURSELF. You yourself are the "socially acceptable" figure. Know it now, and believe it. This entire comment is off topic, but I feel the need to say this. Or maybe I just like rambling too much, who knows? 😅

Anyway, as a person whose had to move quite a few times in their life (although not to a new country), I'd say that getting to know and make new friends is tiring sometimes. Sometimes I felt as if I made friends only to dump them the next year for new ones at my new school, but I guess that's just what I think. I can see why this could turn someone into a introvert—they'd no longer enjoy really talking to others and therefore keep to themselves or keep to their own small group of friends. This especially if you're moving to a new country, such as you did. I can't imagine what it's like being a completely new country where everyone else spoke this new, foreign language that you now have to learn. Must be terrify terrifying.

WonkyCowwow

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
I'd like to think of this like your growing out of your "baby" skin. Kind of like how a snake sheds their outer skin, but more for a personality sense. Some do it, some don't. As for the question itself? I'd like to know the answer to that as well. We're all different people leading different lives, so I wouldn't be too surprised if the answer is completely different for each individual.

To be honest, I feel like social media/screens in general have to do with some personality changes. Myself, for example. I used to enjoy going out all the time when I was younger—I was content with the fact I had no technology other than a scrappy old computer and some cheap flip phones to my family name. (Oh, and also a T.V.) However, that changed when we got an iPad. I learned quickly that staring at screens? It's addicting. You pull up your favourite videos, and as a kid, your eyes never leave that screen. It's one of the reasons why channels targetted for the younger audiences make so much money.

Social media itself changes people. They become so obsessed with what other people think of them, of their pictures, of their followers, likes, that they change their entire lifestyles to match the "trend" of that time. If you're like me, and are not really into Instagram or Snapchat or whatever it is that is very popular right now, you'd think that people like that are... well, not stupid, but wasting their time. It's come to me that pretty much everyone believes that there is a "socially acceptable" figure. That if they do not look or act a certain way, they are not acceptable. While I understand why people would think this, I believe the more important aspect of life would be to be able to accept YOURSELF. You yourself are the "socially acceptable" figure. Know it now, and believe it. This entire comment is off topic, but I feel the need to say this. Or maybe I just like rambling too much, who knows? 😅

Anyway, as a person whose had to move quite a few times in their life (although not to a new country), I'd say that getting to know and make new friends is tiring sometimes. Sometimes I felt as if I made friends only to dump them the next year for new ones at my new school, but I guess that's just what I think. I can see why this could turn someone into a introvert—they'd no longer enjoy really talking to others and therefore keep to themselves or keep to their own small group of friends. This especially if you're moving to a new country, such as you did. I can't imagine what it's like being a completely new country where everyone else spoke this new, foreign language that you now have to learn. Must be terrify terrifying.
I've been this way for a while so if I were to still be growing out of my "baby" skin then I'd kindly like to ask my body to hurry up :).

Social media is indeed very addicting, my sleep schedule has completely changed since I was 13. Most of my better friends then, and now, either live in America or in Canada and since they live around 6-7 hours away from where I live, talking to them isn't too easy sometimes. I have to wait for a while until they're done with whatever they have to do before I can have proper conversations with them. This always leads to me sleeping at around 3 to 6 am depending on what I have to do the next day.

I do agree with what you said about people being themselves on social media, but at the same time I don't think anyone is always 100% themselves. I've seen that with myself sometimes. Once again, it's mostly because I think before I write/say something. I don't want to sound rude and hurt someones feelings with what I type or say. If I ever do I sincerely apologize as that's the right thing to do and I'd feel bad. Unless someone was rude themselves to me, depending on what they have said to me, I would either answer in a neutral way or a not so nice way haha.

The first thing I remember and experienced when I moved to country I'm in now, was hail. When we arrived at the airport it was hailing, and I was alone when I saw that, but that's not the point. For someone that had never even seen snow in their life before, seeing literally ice cubes falling from the sky was a very confusing and (maybe) intimidating first experience.

I'd like to type more but my hands are freezing, so if you want to know more... just ask me I guess.

vala

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
This question has been the most important human question in all of history. I have had this question for about thirty years. Exactly since I was able to read .
I have read hundreds of books and articles. nothing founnd.just some personall idea,then I read history. I read books of different religions. all of them were peronal idea.(in my opinion).I looked at the lives of people. But, the answer may never be found in any book and we will never understand, "why we live"?
But if you want my personal opinion, I can only give one answer. We were not made or We did not come to make money, to give birth, to work, or anything else. These are all important, but they are subdivisions and related to the human body. In my opinion, man was created to eventually become a creature who has been called by God throughout history. The level of human consciousness and thought has risen much higher at this time than it did tens of thousands of years ago. And in the years to come it will be far superior to today. To reach a point where it acquires extraordinary abilities. In science and technology, but in the field of ethics, man eventually becomes an immortal and extraordinary being.

vala

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 3 years
You do not need to paint the whole world to see the world in blue, green or any other color. Just choose the right glasses! Environmental conditions are very effective, but surely any change in the human mind and vision begins, especially when positive environmental changes happen.
Learning a new language, finding new colleagues and friends can also be fun.

Jwye

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
I've been this way for a while so if I were to still be growing out of my "baby" skin then I'd kindly like to ask my body to hurry up :).

Social media is indeed very addicting, my sleep schedule has completely changed since I was 13. Most of my better friends then, and now, either live in America or in Canada and since they live around 6-7 hours away from where I live, talking to them isn't too easy sometimes. I have to wait for a while until they're done with whatever they have to do before I can have proper conversations with them. This always leads to me sleeping at around 3 to 6 am depending on what I have to do the next day.

I do agree with what you said about people being themselves on social media, but at the same time I don't think anyone is always 100% themselves. I've seen that with myself sometimes. Once again, it's mostly because I think before I write/say something. I don't want to sound rude and hurt someones feelings with what I type or say. If I ever do I sincerely apologize as that's the right thing to do and I'd feel bad. Unless someone was rude themselves to me, depending on what they have said to me, I would either answer in a neutral way or a not so nice way haha.

The first thing I remember and experienced when I moved to country I'm in now, was hail. When we arrived at the airport it was hailing, and I was alone when I saw that, but that's not the point. For someone that had never even seen snow in their life before, seeing literally ice cubes falling from the sky was a very confusing and (maybe) intimidating first experience.

I'd like to type more but my hands are freezing, so if you want to know more... just ask me I guess.
I think you misunderstood what I meant by "growing out of your baby skin". By that, I implied that you have ALREADY shed your skin. But you bring up a good point, if I'm being honest. Humans are always changing. Some may argue that a person cannot change themselves completely--that we are always going to be the same person deep down, but I'd have to disagree with that one. People CAN change, but they'd first need to put the effort into it. That's a completely different topic, so I'm going to stop that before I start something else.

Sometimes it timezones suck and I understand why you'd need to stay up so late at night to have proper conversations with some of your online friends. Getting to know people from different parts of the world is great and everything--I myself enjoy talking with new faces online on the occasion--but I'd say it's just as important to let yourself get out there in your own community, even during a time like this. I'm sure you have some friends you know in real life, and maybe you guys could meet up (with masks, I should add) to go for a walk or just simply hang out somewhere (preferably outside). It's a great way to spend time away from your screen and to connect with the world and the people around you. Who knows? Maybe you'll end up liking it. I can tell you that I do not like going outside, but I really do enjoy getting to spend time with my friends whenever I do end up accepting the invite and going out with them.

Talking back about social media, I'd have to say that people wear some kind of "online persona" where they mask parts of or even their entire personality because they are safe behind their screens. It's why cyberbullying is such a big problem, and especially during these times where everyone is behind their monitor or phone screens or whatever it is that they are using to take their classes. It's because they have the relative security of being anonymous to everyone but themselves. This shouldn't be an issue. It shouldn't be a thing at all, and yet it is. Why? I can't say. There's another question. Why do people feel the need to put other's down? It's not a very loaded question compared to some others, but it's still something to think about. The answer really differs per person and what they are going through in life. Some people have been bullied before and have been damaged in this way where they believe that it's okay to hurt others just because they have been hurt as well. Now that I think about it, the same really goes for domesticated abuse. I had been reading something a while ago which piqued my interest a little. I'm not sure if this is really true, but it said that domestic abuse is almost passed down from family members. If a child has to go through something like that in their life, there's a chance that they'd grow up and do the exact same thing because that's how they grew up--in an environment where raising a hand once angry is okay. Obviously, it isn't okay, but they don't really know that unless they have some sort of interception where they learn that it shouldn't be that way. But I'm not really sure about this one.

As for hail... I live in a cold country, so it's not much of a surprise to me when I hear it about to hail or snow or sleet, although it hails a lot more now because of climate change. I could see why it'd be very confusing to come to a new country to experience what I'd call ice raining down from the sky. It also calls for much unneeded slippery sidewalks the morning after.

WonkyCowwow

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 3 years
I'm not trying to get another topic going but as someone who finds it hard to change my actions, I wish myself good luck.

I also used to go outside a lot, I'd play outside with my neighbours even when I couldn't speak their language at all, but that was the old me. Since the day I've been exposed to more and more technology, going outside wasn't on my mind as much anymore. At the same time we were all growing up and since we were neighbours and didn't all go to the same school, we slowly stopped interacting with each other. Maybe it's just me but talking to my friends and being the one to invite THEM somewhere would be very out of the norm for me. I'm more someone who gets invited to places, and I'd mostly agree to come. I've never tried simply going on a walk with friends, so that would be a new experience.

I haven't heard much from cyberbullying anymore but since we've been quarantined all over the world, cyberbullying has definitely occurred more since then. I can't be sure of this, but it's only a guess. Not only that, but I think that this happens for a few reasons.

The reasons you have mentioned are of course possibilities to why people bully others, but other reasons may just be because of some urge? The urge to just annoy someone else thinking that they're just having fun. They don't think of the consequences, the pain they could be causing to others. There are other reasons I would want to suggest, but I'm not sure what others reading this may feel thus I will keep it to myself. What you've read seems to have quite a few plausible reasons too.

Seeing hail for the first time was surely confusing, but at the same time it was very exciting. I hope I'm not the only one when I say this but, slipping on ice is just fun to me. I remember a time when even after I fell and probably got hurt from slipping on a frozen surface, I'd go ahead and try to balance on it, once again slipping after a failed attempt.

Last edited:

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
I want to know Why We Lose ?

bobxbob

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything?
Which is 42

BlueRozes

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 2 years
I would love to know the theory of everything for psychology.
Wouldn't it be very cool to be able to solve any problem with mind? Solve any bias, any trauma, any delusion, any depression, always know how to help, and always be confident with answer😌

I don't need answer on crazy questions. I need people, which are happy and as bonus can find these answers. There are a lot of theories and a lot of methods, this problem even touches magic😇 And it's always possible to find complains how psychologists can't help:(

Harry Severus

😎Wizard👁 of Sbennytopia
Member for 3 years
I want to know........ Whether I'll be successful in my exams
my last year at school is about to end, and this pandemic has left every student hanging to their screens. That does not make you learn as effectively as it would in a classroom. Naturally, we didn't learn anything much, i mean, i did self study, but every student needs a guidance, which them zoom classes can't provide.
So, hoping i would come around with respectable marks. [fingers crossed]
Are you in higher secondary or secondary school