I'm just curious

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,322,702 happy users since 2014.
Register

Unohana

The Explorer of Sbenny
Member for 3 years
Well, honestly it's not that tricky...
According to this user from Reddit "Hacking is using features and/or behaviors of a device, program, or object to achieve a result that was not intended by its creator. It's not necessarily limited to programming and software, though they are fantastic tools.

Hackers are individuals who use hacking to gain access to things that they aren't intended to have access to. Hackers aren't necessarily bad, despite all the stigma they get. Often they play a very important role in laying down security standards and keeping people/information safe.

The term modder covers both those who create mods and those who simply install those mods. The modders who create mods will often have to hack functions to a degree to achieve certain functionality. Those who install mods have to know how to read.

As per terminology, as long as I can recall, cheaters have always just been called hackers. It's not accurate, but it's kind of one of those social things where everybody knows what you're trying to say even if it doesn't make sense."

So for me, they're most likely the same, especially in the process the only dissimilarity is their execution. Hackers tend to bend the rules of the game to the point of breaking it and removing the player's privilege to enjoy the game. Modders on the other hand play by the rules of the game and all the exploits they're putting are present in the game files and tend to make the game fun and entertaining though still removing some of the experience the creator intended to bestow upon the players.