install 2 times the same application (clone apps)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,635 happy users since 2014.
Register

Alibert

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Hi,

is it possible to install the same application twice on your phone.

a bit like on the OnePlus with their "Parallel Apps"

Thanks !

nrliiiog

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 2 years
I think its possible to do it manually by changing apk package name and that stuff so the app is downloaded twice in different data folders.

SteweEliteModder

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Special Guest
Member for 5 years
Is a bit more complicated, and not all apps can be cloned, it depends from app code, if hard coded such whatsapp for example can't be cloned, however there's an app called mt manager that's a file manager with modding features and it has the feature for clone apps too, so try that for clone your app.

P.S.
The cloning app procedure can be done automatically through some program or manually editing app files (manifest.xml/classes.dex/resources.xml), but some times the programs fail to edit properly all files so in this case is needed do it manually (that requires expert modder knowledge).

Last edited:

Alibert

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 3 years
Hi, thank you for this very complete explanation !

I would like to do it automatically, but especially those from the play store

SteweEliteModder

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Special Guest
Member for 5 years
So try MT Manager app, it works with both not rooted & rooted devices, with rooted devices it allow more features obviously, but clone feature don't needs root, for clone an app touch/press it into mt manager, after it will appear a menu window with app info and 3 options at the bottom, then select "function" option>apk clone, then switch to old cloning method (since new one is vip feature) and you're done, after it just wait for the app cloning, but i repeat that this method will work just with simple coded apps, will not work with apps such youtube, spotify, whatsapp, and games obviously.