💬 Review Kim Kardashian Hollywood v13.5.0 (updated) - (SEASON'S review). by nomevisss

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,104 happy users since 2014.
Register

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the app you are reviewing: Kim Kardashian Hollywood v13.5.0 (updated) - (SEASON'S review).

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): Kim Kardashian Hollywood v13.5.0 All Items & Outfits Permanently Unlocked, Antiban & more (updated) Mod apk

The game that follow the story of a character that, after helping socialité, businesswoman and lawyer Kim Kardashian, renovate their game with a new feature called Seasons, that will help our management to try to of our 15 minutes of fame will received after said favour it's done.

Review:
I did a review of Kim Kardashian Hollywood here, maybe more than a month or so ago. But, now there's a new feature in the game that have changed everything that, it should be properly critique, so this it's gonna be entirely on the feature Seasons and how modified the whole game play dynamic.

I don't know the thought process from Glu for why they add this, at this time there's around 4 currencies: we have tickets for outfit submissions to SYS and TB's, diamonds, kstars and now the all pass access to all the prizes from Seasons, which are around 64. This it's not necessarily a currency but it's a package Glu sell and tries, from time to time, to sell it to you too, called the VIP subscription, from which in my first review of the game i comment about my thoughts on it (tl;dr on it = it's trash).

Seasons it's supposed to replaced the weekday and weekend events, from which you have to add a certain amount of points to get all the prizes; from the week day challenges called ''Throwback'' we usually got 2 pink dominated and multi-pastel colors box, a golden box, and 20 kstars at the end. The weekday events were available from Monday to Thursday at noon.

There was multiple and different type of events and i don't remember the specific name of them all, but i can talked about what were they about; there was an event to complete 5 star gigs (all type of gigs, from modelling, public appearance, acting, among others) dating weekends, VIP weekends (where you have to spend certain amount of kstars) and the filming events (where you have to record episodes for your tv show), i don't remember other events, but usually the first prize that'll be one box gift and three different clothing items, each gig or date it accumulates a certain amount of points, so you'll usually get all the weekend to get all the prizes.

Now, those free prizes are gone, forever, apparently.
I did some accounts, and there was around 20-25 items we could received just in this events, aside from the ones probably could get, depending of the positioning in the Throwback Styles and Show Your Style runway, and weekly freebies (this last one it's uncertain if it's gonna come back or not in this new version).

Miss Seasons brings a different way to get prizes and awards; we'll have different type of quest: Stretch, weekly and daily, depending of how much we have done with our account, some quest are buying the private jet, buying furniture for one of our houses, spend certain amount of kstars, diamonds, vote for looks in the SYS, among few others... It depends of what you got with your account, again, some quest are having dates, give parties; i try the feature in both apps, in the original and the mod one from the Sbenny website. I have play this for a full week but i don't think i have to play for a full month, i have got almost everything i want from the prizes so far, i don't have enough time to complete to get a grey t-shirt, but to be honest doesn't matter.

Sbenny mod, at the time of writing this review, doesn't have the all access pass so far; so this it's coming from my own experience with the free prizes free players can obtain. The clothing quality it's high, however all falls on the subjectivity if you like them or not, from the 12 clothing prizes that are available at this first Seasons which it was made for a full month (which usually it's the time we wait between updates) i just liked 5 items, i have to spend seasons points which are not that easy to get on clothing items i didn't like to advance in other pages to obtain other prizes.

There's 8 pages with 8 prizes each, two rows, the first row are the prizes free players can get if they reach the seasons points price, and the second row are mostly clothing prizes and diamond prizes for pay players. If i'm not mistaken, and i'll repeat the aforementioned stats, free players (and some players from hack games) we have the opportunity to reliably expect without seasons around 25 pieces of clothing every month (not counting the ones we could obtain from other sources like kudos boxes, diamond boxes, squad boxes and SYS or TB's boxes), now, with 32 prizes, not all of them are clothing, some of them are tickets, kstars and diamonds, now, factually; we're receiving less free opportunity clothing prizes, that i think it's very safe to say it's one of the most strong attractions player are fond the most (myself include).

There's certain clothing for pay players that i like too, and are a little bit less pricey in Seasons points than the ones from free player (paid players can have the free ones, too), the price for obtained it's i think $4.99 or $5.99, way less expensive than the VIP subscription. Maybe i have been played mostly with mod hacks, but i think between both; the Seasons all access pass it's more rewarding than the VIP subscription, and you'll get more from your real money from the first one than the last one. Now, i think it's from a business standpoint, very unnecessary having so much subscriptions and benefits all around where one can be together with other one, specially the silver and gold VIP subscriptions which are obscene (and still probably know people who give that kind of money to Glu) taking in consideration how Glu have a bad popularity around it's customers and sneaky management ship.

Some of the Seasons prizes are small quantities of the currencies from the game: tickets, diamonds and kstars; which are always well received, specially the first one. I was part of the horde wanting to Glu take back this feature back in the week it was commented on the official forum; up this time, i have a mixed reaction from it, with a little bit on the balance for the negative side than the positive.

The positive aspects for me it having ''this something to do'' in the game, because it was getting boring... I got multiple of the businesses in the highest points (this it's something we cannot get with a hacked game), got the first TV Show after a lot of grind, did three comebacks and so on, so for me it was depending of my mood, get on the SYS or TB's, along the weekly story line. Here, we have things to do daily, on stretch and weekly; so there's a little bit of mix, i got a couple weeks the repeat of some gigs i didn't complain about, i don't know if, with a enhancement and better studied Seasons features thanks to the attitude and behavior player got from it for a full month, it's better for enjoyment, especially now that tv shows count as professional gigs.

Other positive aspect for me it's the fact that we can access to diamonds and tickets, specially tickets, it's a strict and regulated currency; so the fact i can accumulated tickets and then submitted whenever i want, it's a big plus. The diamond prizes too until a certain exception, at least this first time for me, one of the stretch goals was to spend a certain amount of diamonds, i couldn't finish because this first season because i got just 5 days of the 20 something everybody got at the beginning. So this diamond thing it's more tricky, you get 8 steady diamonds weekly, and extras from kudos box and squad box, and sometimes from the placement SYS and TB's prizes, gold and silver boxes; BUT you have to spend them to get Season's points, but of course if you want to buy something else around.

There's available throwback boxes as prizes for free players in Seasons, those are great; but specifically myself i got all the items so i only get 40 kstars, for players who support the original app it's great. NOW, the abhorrent part of the Seasons thing, it's a clear brash exclusion, and impudent sh***y movement from a business standpoint, to be honest. Free players are part of the customer who give you money indirectly by the in time app (whilst doesn't come for free, come along adds) and the free rewards in exchange for watching complete ads. So now there's less access to free clothing, and, it's bad, it's really bad. Now, if you prefer to save all the diamonds you can get for Seasons points, and prefer to stop because you're not interested in more clothing, those accumulated points you're gonna lose them in the next Seasons (in this case go to the Luxe Seasons for the v13.5 update), it's awful; other game i compare a lot this game it's with Subway Surfers because i think it's one of the best freemium games out here, and it's talant popularity and rentability it's enough to conquered his position, and talked for itself. If you don't spend your station championship points, you get them all in coins for the next one, not here, bad corporate decision.

I don't know if the free prizes we all got after this first Seasons are gonna come back, apparently yes, but doesn't mitigated anything at all. Something that i find bothering it's that the Seasons feature oblige you to purchase items you maybe don't like to access new pages, so it's gonna be normalize to have outfits we don't like in the closet, because we can get to the other page if we don't purchase ''enough items'', and it's kind of bothering, specially spending season points that nonetheless of hack player or free player, it's a direct slap in the face to splurge the effort on items you don't like, but it's necessary if you want a prize in other pages, and it's not easy to get this points either; at the beginning you can earn as much but you'll spend all of them quickly, easy earn, easy spend.

It's important to clarify i have this mod player privilege and i can finish some of the quests quickly than the free players who support the original app, so i understand a positive point for other one's can be the freedom to can chase the prizes they want at their own time, instead of invest so much time in the weekend events to get what they fancy. Something i don't face, in this mod game you have an automatic refill for energy in the first 3 mods from 6, and the rest of mods, you have the opportunity to access the superimposed MOD Menu on the game screen, and disable the feature if you prefer to let your energy accumulated or not.

Now, this it's a problem i'm not precisely facing now, but i have seeing other people do and probably in the future i'll face, which it's the near-impossible way to get all the placement prizes in the SYS, now, tickets along diamonds (an at this point, Season points) are closely regulated from Glu's part, so hack players don't have precisely that much advantage in the regard; the common enemy from both of the subcategories from the free players (original supporters and corrupted game supporters) are the ticket buyers, it makes the competition more in advantage of the one's who only want to pay to get their position, along the quantities they can submitted with the Seasons ticket prizes, it's bad. Again, i haven't faced it because i don't like, at the time of writing this review, this weekend prizes; but i'm sure i'll get the stress and fomo in future competitions, it's no surprise a game like KKH use these emotional components in their favor on such a derogatory manner.

Another low point from this, it's that this game, as a player say it on the subreddit dedicated to the game; it's not a game that welcomes newcomers, this it's a game for people who are coming back to play again after a hiatus (my case months ago), a player who have at his disposal probably a couple thousands of dollars (or any in real life currency) to spend at the game, or players who prefer to support a modded game. It's not a good corporate decision making to not let new people who want to explore the game to be obliged to spend money or time they're not sure to invest in the game, i wonder if they want to let the game drowned like past less successful efforts such as the Britney Spears game, the Kendall and Kylie game and the Nicki Minaj game.

I don't have access to the financial statements of the company, this it's more speculation, i think the counterproductive desitions they're making from the gameplay point of view, user experience department and the monetization department don't have communication at all, the executives taking desitions in this game are their own enemies, the detriment of this game it's noticeable, they're restrained themselves for trying the game to take advantage of all the hidden and concrete potential they have at their hands; for a reason the game have last for 8 years, it can be more with more specialized talent that have experience with game phone apps, it's a different industry. I think Glu Mobile have this delusion they're still the innovators of how they could commercialize the microtransactions in the game apps, that believe they still maintain in the important chain, a high position, when in fact they're left behind. Different from story or cyclical games, they have the sometimes double sword power of reinvention with the game that can promise more longeve time, it doesn't have to die, it can accustomed to the changes the industry from time to time implement as a des-centralize collective than become a viable trend, than a hierarchical one, imposed.

There's people who like the feature, and it's fine, but those hands are getting smaller were the money it's gonna be less, if they pretend to still bite and maintain the earnings, the rest of said anthropomorphic tangible hand that are making your business still stand, glu, better get your operations together, to continue to be still, because it's smaller and smaller each time, or EA too, which for a reason they bought you out but at a big cost they, sooner or later, will realize if it was worth it or not, and at the level of a $2 billion dollar transaction worthy type of level, big size shoes to fill in.

I don't have probes but zero doubts some of us players have a little bit of masochism to still playing even after indifference after indifference from Glu, but nothing last forever, and people will still continue to go in more quantities than probably now are going, to. How bad they're getting advantage of the fidelity players like me, regardless of hack or not hacked game, have with it. There's a matter of time a game that resembles (or improved) the fame, clothing and social part of the game mechanics (from which they got so famous in the first place), gets released in the market, and we all emigrated there without remorse.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you haven't played before, no.

Rating (1-5): ⭐⭐⭐