💬 Review Kylie Minogue: Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour (2006) by nomevisss

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,355 happy users since 2014.
Register

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Kylie Minogue: Showgirl: The Homecoming Tour (2006)

A filmed version of the 9th world tour, on a London concert from singer superstar Kylie Minogue.

Review:
I remember the first song that make me search up for Kylie Minogue was Can't Get You Out Of My Head, then watch different performances from her from the Brit Awards from 2002, EMA Awards from 2001, among others. And i was flabbergasted, now then i start keep her on my radar to know more about.

The first concert i watch and download (illegally, sorry Kylie lmao) was the Aphrodite tour; outstanding concert even from a person who you listen one song, and other three from her 26 set list. There wasn't a huge type of difference seeing this tour, i remember songs from the first one i saw, songs i heard from her sporadically; however that's the magic of Kylie Minogue, you can thoroughly enjoy her full 2 hour shows, without knowing none of her songs, a little, or knowing each single one.

The backstory of the show started with the Showgirls: The Greatest Hits Tour, after her breast cancer diagnostic; she stopped her performances, go to get surgery, and after successfully recovered, she resume her tour with this new one called Showgirl: Homecoming Tour, with a rework to maintain her strength, and oh boy, she was great!

Her movements, from the beginning are full of poise, in control of her body and her voice; it's almost a magic type sensation seeing her perform and how the show develops; it's very cautiously rehearsed. In the first Act called Homecoming we see a beautiful showgirl pink outfit, different from the blue one from the first tour. There was songs from the next Acts from ''Everything Taboo'' , ''Samsara'' , ''Athletica'' , ''Dreams'' , ''Pop Paradiso'' , ''Dance Of The Cybermen'' and ''Encore'' that i remember from Aphrodite Tour but didn't knew the names of it, i search them up later. Songs like Red Blood Woman, Slow, her rendition of Over the Rainbow are for me highlights, even if i don't like the song ''Light Years'' and White Diamonds were my favorite too.
It makes sense because this tour was in 2007, Aphrodite in 2011, and the majority the songs i knew was from her last record.

The concert it's welcoming for new people like me, and a celebration of who have seeing it in the past or it's known of her 25 years+ career; an extravagant and note perfect show, i can't get enough praises.

The only complains maybe can be bad creative desitions on certain angles from What I Have To Do, Kids and Love At First sight, but i'm nitpicking at this point.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐