💬 Review KylieX2008 Live (2008) by nomevisss

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,248 happy users since 2014.
Register

nomevisss

Veteran Lv7️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the movie you are reviewing: KylieX2008 Live (2008)

A recorded sold out London date from the 10th world tour from superstar singer Kylie Minogue, called Kyliex2008.

Review:
After Showgirl: Coming Home i have to watch the next to it, Kyliex2008, that was even more expensive and extravagant than past one, ah oh boy, it was a top notch treat to myself; love it. I have watching it more times than i learned some songs without even knowing the title that well.

The Speakerphone and Boombox along Can't Get You Out Of my Head from the beginning it was outstanding (i was impressed she decide to singing at the beginning instead at the end or middle closer to the end of her show), i have to say i way more enjoy this show than the last one (although i loved immensely the Athletica and Pop Paradiso sections, from the Showgirl: Coming Home), it's the use of neon colours, surrealistic / hyper impressionist artistic direction at the beginning of the concert along opening the huge screens, as Kylie appears with a gold and black translucent dress; a combination of gothic and industrial touch; this woman fits what it seems all type of aesthetics. Here too Kylie dance way more, i imagine after she recover from her breast cancer surgery from 2006 and chimoteraphy from 2007 she got more strength.

The Copacabana visual storytelling and performance was extremely commendable, so smooth and so fun to look at. I wish i can copy the rehearse style and protocols Kylie manage to have, aside the mistakes that humanly can happened, it's the problem solving skill. So outstandingly rehearsed. I don't have much to expand on the crystal skull and the red leather outfit from Kylie, in the next segment; but it's worth the mention; signature outfit and iconic moment worthy for highlights in her career so far, if she ever make an special about it.

The ballad segment from the show were Kylie it's using a beautiful what it seems like satin blue dress, was great. HOWEVER, in other segments closer to the encore of the show like ''Step Back In time'' (this song with her background singers it's gold, outstandingly rehearsed and executed) , ''No More Rain, ''The One'' and ''Love at First sight'' adding ''Your Disco Need You'' from other segment prior, those were the best songs vocally delivered from Kylie at the full show; great.

I wish she would sang that way Flower and I Believe in You, it's noticeable how Kylie have control of her voice, a good technique for what you can listen she's not spitting air, or a bad diction, or out of pitch. She seems to have multiple tricks under her sleeve; and i really wish she could use it when the performance it's intimate and just her. I was impressed, with the last three songs from the encore; she's ALONE on the stage, with a stand microphone closer to the audience, singing in different directions on the large square stage and living her best life; making riffs and raffs, and vocal gymnastics all around. I don't know much about aerial notes, but i'm pretty sure in the Your Disco Need You, almost at the end of the song when she's singing, she deliver a sustain and not pushing air out of it; G5 - G#5 or maybe a C6, with a pseudo-operatic delivery, close to it, maybe a couple low notes or more high than my speculation.

Maybe it's because she feel more comfortable with having a lot going on and playing with it, or she got nervous, after all she's human. Maybe i'm judging what ended up in the live concert and not the rest of concerts from the tour. NOW, her Naughty Manga Girl (the songs, showmanship and specially Kylie vocal delivery were splendid, a great cultural appreciation because Japan love Kylie), her wig and outfit in particular, i didn't like it; apparently the final price for the production of this concert was around 10 million pounds ($18.5 million dollars in 2008 and at 2022, $25.5 million dollars); she crealy have BUDGET and TONS of quality providers ready to throw at her with her wishes to materialize, she could got a better wig and better outfit. How come in the visuals behind her she looked better than live?

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutely.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐