💬 Review Lethal Romance By Grrr by Blasphemy

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,108 happy users since 2014.
Register

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Lethal Romance By Grrr

The two main leads are essentially supposed to be from two separate "genres" with the male lead (Shinwoo) being from a shoujo/romance manga and the female lead(Yubi) being from an action manga. As you can imagine, hilarity ensues

Review:
Lethal Romance (alt title: Deadly VS Romance) is the literal embodiment of self awareness. It provides a comedic spin on the combination of common romance and action tropes, while at the same time being so self aware of what's it's doing, which makes it all the more hilarious.

It is so stupid, and so nonsensical, and so, so self aware that you don't even question it. The male portaganist gets shot by an arrow, stabbed in the gut and poisoned numerous times but doesn't die? Well, with the help of a half-assed answer like because male leads of romance manga don't die, my doubts have been solved.

The interactions, the contrast between the "action" and "romance" characters, as well as how certain situations are set up had me dying. Many parts of the story will have you screaming BUT WHYYY but also leave you wheezing.

The characters are likeable and relatable (mostly) each with their own unique designs. There are many charismatic characters in the story, particularly the villains, which makes it all the more entertaining.

The story didn't drag on and the moments are cute. The main ship is so wholesome and adorable but I also appreciate the fact that the story isn't focused on being overbearingly romantic at any given moment.

I like that it's a webtoon on the shorter side as the plot progressed steadily and the character development was wholesome too.

Overall, a good webtoon through and through.

Would you recommend this to other users? I highly reccomend reading this comic for an entertaining way to pass time, fun characters and the comedy for a lifetime! Also for people looking for strong female mc's.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Awasad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 1 year
A love and comedy story? Damn that's interesting. I don't know if I could hold the "BUT WHYYY" though.