💬 Review LG G8 ThinQ by Cgin

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,318 happy users since 2014.
Register

Cgin

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 5 years
Reviewed Device: LG G8 ThinQ

devicenb_650x900.png

Description
I went from a G4 to a G8, so when I say the quality difference is unreal, I really do mean it. I've had the G8 for just over 6 months now, and it still performs at the same quality it did when I first booted it up. The battery life is excellent. I charge my phone overnight, and it has learned that habit with new smart features and adjusts the charging accordingly. If I use my phone sparingly during the day, at the end of the night I will still have ~70% charge, and the phone can last several days with very minimal use on just one charge. Alternatively, I can play games on my phone all day and the phone will need to be charged by the end of the night, just like any other model would. The camera is lovely for landscape and wide shot pictures, with very crisp detail.

The price is very reasonable, depending on when and where you get it. Buying it at fill retail value from a large chain store can cost you up to $800 in my area, which is still not that bad considering the quality is arguably comparable to much more expensive models, but you can buy it on sale from reputable markets for much less. I happened to buy it for $500 before tax on sale on Amazon during a partnership deal with them.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
The battery life is really a winner for me; I havent noticed a quality decrease in the 6 months that I've had it, even with multiple software updates since purchase.

I like that there is still a headphone jack on this device, and I appreciate the lovely Quad Dac quality that I wasn't getting with wireless headphones.

The stock RAM is 6GB, less than some other more expensive models, and the stock storage is 128GB, also less than some other models, but there is an SD card option for more space.

The fingerprint sensor on the back of the phone is intuitively placed and very simple to unlock while holding the phone as you would normally. The sensor isn't testy, and will read my fingerprint even if it's slightly skewed in placement. I've always liked LG's knock code feature and continue to use it, as well as the double tap to turn the screen on and off. The face recognition to unlock also works very well

Things I don't like
There is quite a bit of gimmicky features on this device that take up processing power, though I believe there are options to disable them. Some of the Air Motion unlocking features, like using the palm of your hand to open the phone, are finicky and unreliable and the phone will continually try to unlock if it senses some kind of movement. The hand gestures they tout as functional prove to be anything but.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
I would certainly recommend this phone to other users. If you require top notch processing power, I would go with the more expensive models, but it just isn't a necessity for my lifestyle and phone usage. When it comes down to it, this phone is a workhorse of precessing power and switches between apps and functions with ease. For a regular lay man who uses their phone casually, this is an excellent device for a good price.

Imlogan9809

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
The best quality phone there is always fats and compatible and never messes up love this phone would refer it over any type

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month