License verification for first time open only so game can be played offline

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,099 happy users since 2014.
Register

crazycupcake

✭ DatingSim Lover ✭
Member for 6 years
I really hope we do not need to do the license verification everytime we open the game so we can play the game offline. I am currently doing student study service in secluded village and the only internet connection i can get is from the village center. Of course most of the time i am in there to do my observation and service work but at night i am back at the lodging where there is no connection at all, unless i climb a tree xD

Anthea

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Member for 5 years
I agree. If it is possible to do it an one-time thing, that would be so good. The current system makes it so that EVERY mod is an online game, regardless of the origin.

FoxInFlames

☢ඞSUSඞ☢
Member for 3 years
I don't know much about the license system of the forum (i hardly purchase stuff from here), but i guess there are two reasons for this to not happen (i guess)

1. The script to code that such that it asks only once instead of everytime it opens must be pretty complicated.
OR
2. The script could be easily bypassed by modders.

ScealcLigt

174th Divisione Scealc van der Ligt
Member for 4 years
While its great on paper, it will only leave it vulunerable to reverse engineering. True security cant be confirmed if its both client (or device, be that phone, tablet, pc etc.) side and server side (remember those modded online games? Thats the result if those values are stored client side, they get modified. Hell, even Gameguardian said in its FAQ that anything stored in the client can be hacked).

Tl:dr - True security against leechers cannot be guaranteed even if its part clientside. Trust me, i dont approve this system in the first place, but considering leechers are the largest threat Sbenny has to always deal with (and they cant copyright strike them like you seen in game developers), I think its the best defense we have for now.

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
While its great on paper, it will only leave it vulunerable to reverse engineering. True security cant be confirmed if its both client (or device, be that phone, tablet, pc etc.) side and server side (remember those modded online games? Thats the result if those values are stored client side, they get modified. Hell, even Gameguardian said in its FAQ that anything stored in the client can be hacked).

Tl:dr - True security against leechers cannot be guaranteed even if its part clientside. Trust me, i dont approve this system in the first place, but considering leechers are the largest threat Sbenny has to always deal with (and they cant copyright strike them like you seen in game developers), I think its the best defense we have for now.
" Never trust the client.
Never put anything on the client. The client is in the hands of the enemy. Never ever ever forget this. "

Shadow Of Marethyu

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 4 years
I support this one-time thing because license verification has sometimes failed on me for some apps even with a net connection and for the hassle in general.... but I can understand why the site's done so...
Still don't like it though....