💬 Review Major Grom: Plague Doctor

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,541 happy users since 2014.
Register

Nasseisl

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Major Grom: Plague Doctor

Major Grom: Plague Doctor is a russian cop movie based on a comic series called Major Grom. Major Igor Grom and his rookie partner are chasing the Plague Doctor, a criminal vigilante, whohas the support of many citizens.

Review:
When I first heard of the movie, I was unimpressed. It doesn't seem too special, now does it? But after a few minutes of watching it, you'll learn that it is. We start off with Igor Grom chasing a group of bank robbers - the ending of a short film that was made to see how the audience reacts to a live-adaption of Major Grom. In this scene we also learn about Grom's special 'ability' (not a superpower): He thinks the scenario through before he does something, like little 'what if's?'. This is rather amusing, since these scenarios never end well. Grom, of course, catches the Robbers in the end, with a little collateral damage. A little while later, Grom arrives in a court house, because of a case unrelated to the bank robbers, and we see an orphan boy on the witness stand, testifying against the defendant, some rich guy who has the most punchable face ever - truly cast perfectly. Because this rich guy hit a girl, also an orphan, with his car. The girl died. But of course, being rich and all that, he bribed the judge and is declared not guilty.

We cut to a nervous looking ginger man, who is about to reveal a revolutionary phone asstistant. As he does so, he sees by chance a news article, about the rich guy from earlier declared not guilty. Rather irritated, he flees from the crowd and the rest is for you to see!

Would you recommend this to other users? But seriously, you should go watch it. This russian gem does what many movies fail at: A villain with a cause you can get behind.

But not only to the villain you will react the way you are supposed to do: The friendly police chief is that sort of guy you feel like you can tell anything. Igor Grom's rookie partner is painfully annoying, until he isn't. The rich orphan killer is the most hateable character I've ever seen and Igor Grom is really relatable.

Its a time well spent, with good acting, a really cool soundtrack - seriously, why did no one tell me russian rap is so good?? - and a story that will keep you engaged the whole time.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

NixaPixa

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I have watched it and I must say that russian movies are getting better and better! Great movie!