New License System for MODs

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,040 happy users since 2014.
Register

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Gee whizz, after three years and a humble 6 levels later, I continue to be blown away by the innovation shown by the site's administrator, as well as the dedication of all the rest of the staff, here. The only times I've ever seen anything come even close to this level of protection (for free content), it has been fraught with bugs and gimmicks and empty promises; it has never worked anywhere, and I've been around, man!

Which is why I can't wait to edit this post, when I'll be deleting this second paragraph, once I figure out what the hell is preventing this new system to work for me. Most likely it is something utterly prosaic or super intuitive that I have seemingly overlooked, but the first mod I tried to unlock this way is displaying a problem. Namely, I would enter my credentials (had to try twice, as the first time was invalid, worked after I changed my username to 98FE, tho), and hit Login, and I'd get a message appear saying "login successful", followed by another message saying "mod by Debby, only for Sbenny.com". Then nothing happens. It just remains on that login screen, even though it just said that I had successfully logged in, lol! The mod is Bingo Pop, in case that's helpful. Can someone please help me?!

Obber

✨Random User✨
Member for 5 years
Gee whizz, after three years and a humble 6 levels later, I continue to be blown away by the innovation shown by the site's administrator, as well as the dedication of all the rest of the staff, here. The only times I've ever seen anything come even close to this level of protection (for free content), it has been fraught with bugs and gimmicks and empty promises; it has never worked anywhere, and I've been around, man!

Which is why I can't wait to edit this post, when I'll be deleting this second paragraph, once I figure out what the hell is preventing this new system to work for me. Most likely it is something utterly prosaic or super intuitive that I have seemingly overlooked, but the first mod I tried to unlock this way is displaying a problem. Namely, I would enter my credentials (had to try twice, as the first time was invalid, worked after I changed my username to 98FE, tho), and hit Login, and I'd get a message appear saying "login successful", followed by another message saying "mod by Debby, only for Sbenny.com". Then nothing happens. It just remains on that login screen, even though it just said that I had successfully logged in, lol! The mod is Bingo Pop, in case that's helpful. Can someone please help me?!
Hey there,

if you have a problem with the mod or the licence please report it (there is a Report Button), so that we can review the thread, test it and contact the author if there are errors about his/her mod or Licence.

Thank you.

DarthVoda

Savage Lv6️⃣
Member for 6 years
Hey there,

if you have a problem with the mod or the licence please report it (there is a Report Button), so that we can review the thread, test it and contact the author if there are errors about his/her mod or Licence.

Thank you.
Ok, I will definitely do that. I had already posted within the thread of said mod, but if you say that reporting it that way would be better or more efficient, I shall; and thanks for the suggestion :)

I had thought to mention it separately in this thread, since it does appear to be an issue with this new licensing system (either a bug in the system, or some step or something that I have missed, that would make it work). I was really hoping that someone would offer some insight, perhaps someone that has faced the same difficulty as I have. I know several people had also posted about having this same dilemma, back in the Bingo Pop mod thread. So I do not believe that placing such a concern within this thread is inappropriate. Thanks again for the tip, I'll go ahead and do that immediately!

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
Ok, I will definitely do that. I had already posted within the thread of said mod, but if you say that reporting it that way would be better or more efficient, I shall; and thanks for the suggestion :)

I had thought to mention it separately in this thread, since it does appear to be an issue with this new licensing system (either a bug in the system, or some step or something that I have missed, that would make it work). I was really hoping that someone would offer some insight, perhaps someone that has faced the same difficulty as I have. I know several people had also posted about having this same dilemma, back in the Bingo Pop mod thread. So I do not believe that placing such a concern within this thread is inappropriate. Thanks again for the tip, I'll go ahead and do that immediately!
Sometimes it happens the license isn't applied properly (it's still a beta phase, and needs some additional work from modders in order to add it to their mods), so it might happens that they forget to add some code, which may cause the issue you described above, so the best move, as kindly suggested by Obber, would be to directly reach out the modder (or even me) and let us know about the issue you faced :)

Anamese

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
I have a suggestion to move the login and license fields up or add a scroll bar into the window.
Have an issue since as seen here:
And I've read a similar issue here:

But in my case is not related to the accessibility settings
Device is a J1-2016 Android 5.1 resolution: 480x800

I know my phone is subpar but I'm working on it. I hope my issue can help in the overall compatibility of the license system.
Thanks for reading

Yengszki05

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 5 years
Im very thankful that I've found this community, @Sbenny, @Debby and the team always finds a way to innovate our community. Cheers! For this new upgrade guys. Thank you so much for the hard work and dedication you are giving 😘🎉💕

Gourov

Dimitri Petrenko
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
I have a suggestion to move the login and license fields up or add a scroll bar into the window.
Have an issue since as seen here:
And I've read a similar issue here:

But in my case is not related to the accessibility settings
Device is a J1-2016 Android 5.1 resolution: 480x800

I know my phone is subpar but I'm working on it. I hope my issue can help in the overall compatibility of the license system.
Thanks for reading
Scroll bar is a good idea ... if @Sbenny wants I can try implement that :)

Daniel

Hunter of Sbennytopia
From the Hell
Verified 18+ user
The Cleaner 🧹
Member for 3 years
I am quite a bit late here but not too late. The License System is awesome and I too have started applying it on my mods. After applying the license I can be safe from leechers stealing my mod and it has many other perks too. In the end I would just like to say that it is one of the best initiative taken so far and Thankyou Sbenny

lsab04

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
Thank you for always protecting us and at the same time always innovating and introducing new things!!!!

Ezio1000

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 5 years
Its been 2 years or less I'm inactive at sbenny and didn't notice these changes. Well, that's a good thing as it prevents the leechers from stealing most of the modded apps here. But the problem is, I need an internet connection to login and play one of the modded games here in sbenny.

Status
Not open for further replies.