💬 Review New Life New Me By Nene by Blasphemy

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,257 happy users since 2014.
Register

Blasphemy

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 2 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: New Life New Me By Nene

18 year old Sangah Park is reborn as a powerful muscle girl in an alternate universe. Her objective? To create her own harem!

Review:
New life New Me contains triggers such as suicide, domestic abuse, prostitution, social values, murder and more, so be warned.

When I first saw the synopsis, I thought it'd be the typical fun, funny manhwa about a super muscular girl who wanted to build a harem, and it'd just be about these shallow characters who only have one personality trait (other than being hot).

And I was right. For the first few chapters at least. Honestly, I did find it decently funny and entertaining, and I did find some of the characters to be likeable, which is part of the reason I continued to read it, but I'm sure other readers would be turned off by the beginning of the manhwa. It's just...slow paced, and quite misleading considering the direction the series decided to take in the later chapters.

But then, I started to see...character development?? Hold on, this manhwa was *actually* fleshing out its characters? Gasp, the foreshadowing and hinting at the start of the manhwa is finally bearing fruit? This story isn't actually as fun and happy-go-lucky as it seemed? Say what now?

After chapter 20, when all of the foundation for the story was laid, the story really kicked off. This story just smacked me in the face with unexpected angst and an actual story with realistic and believable characters. And I was all for it.

New life new me is a character-driven story. Sure, the plot's decent, entertaining, a few twists and turns here and there. It's not anywhere close to perfect, but it's good enough. However, it's the characters that really make the story shine.

But first of all, can I just say, we stan muscular women and men, even if they're ripped beyond belief. It was quite wholesome to see a super ripped, probably has a six pack female mc get a harem. Anyways, Sangah (our protagonist) seemed to be a shallow but good person who gives good advice at first. To me. But then, we start to find out she has flaws of her own, and trauma that she alone has to shoulder, and that maybe she has done terrible things that show she wasn't as good a person as she seemed. Once you learn all this, you really start to feel for her, or at least understand why she did what she did.

And also CHLOE. I swear, she carries this entire manhwa. She hands down had the most character development out of everyone in this story. She started from a materialistic, ignorant, scared, naive girl to a mature, strong, (still kind of naive) woman. (She was always strong tho) My review does not do her justice. If anything, just compare pre chapter 20 her and chapter 80 her.

And Chelsea is another of my favourite characters. She too changed considerably over the course of the series. I always found myself looking forward to reading the scenes she was in, but I'm not going to go too much into her character because I don't want to accidentally reveal spoilers.

Also a side note, Sangah's sister is too adorable with her puppy eyes. And a sad cinnamon roll who shouldn't have been through what she went through.

All in all, although some other side characters may not have been as fleshed out as I would've liked, most of the characters are likeable and realistic and make you genuinely care for them. 9.7/10

As for the art, nothing amazing, but pretty good. Artist got the anatomy down flat, understands perspective, colouring nice, shading nice, character designs are nice, basically nice art.

Would you recommend this to other users? TLDR; I wholeheartedly recommend this manhwa. My rule of thumb is that if it makes you feel something for the characters, or care at least a smidgen for the story or world or characters, it's good, regardless of whether it is actually, objectively good.

If anything, just read it for Chloe. And the cinnamon roll, Sangah's sister. (who appears near the end of the series)

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐