No more forced replies to unlock links at sbenny.com

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,326,592 happy users since 2014.
Register

Sbenny

A crazy scientist
Staff member
Admin
SB Mod Squad ⭐
✔ Approved Releaser
Active User
We keep improving our site and its users' experience, even if you might notice it, because we're behind the scenes 24/7. This time I introduced a simple but at the same time HUGE change which will heavily impact the users' experience here at your beloved Sbenny.com.

Here's the changelog:

• Possibility for users to unlock hidden links by clicking "Like" or "Reply". No more forced and unnatural replies
• Simplified unlocking interface
• After hitting the "Like" button, the page will automatically refresh within 3 seconds (this only applies to the first post of a thread)
• Removed charges for replying into "Game Releases" or "App Releases" threads
• Removed notification when someone Likes your post to prevent overload after this change. You'll still receive the SB Points, but you wont be notified anymore about it

In easy words:

You wont be paying any more SB Points for downloading a game on our site, nor you'll be forced to reply, as now you're given the alternative to simply like it. Also, this will prevent spammy posts, a huge list of "thank you" meant just as a way to unlock a content and not coming from the heart of the poster, and will clear threads, helping us following a constructive discussion rather than digging between hundreds "thanks you" posts in the hope of finding more important posts.

Why all this?

Well, first I should explain you the reason for a reply system and what it was meant for.
The internet is a wild place nowadays, and it's not under control anymore, this means there's place for good people but also for bad people. Applied to our site, this means there are people willing to make money for doing nothing (or almost), so we've had, all these years, a great amount of mods stolen and published on other sources, they also injected malwares and adwares into our apk files before sharing them on other sites and we have the proofs of this. This meant, for us, that we put our name into infected apps which got shared everywhere without our consent and without being aware of it. This is the reason I introduced the reply system, a good and safe method which helped me to catch and ban these people (leechers). The trick was simple, each user replied to a thread before unlocking the download link, so each leecher had to follow the same procedure. This meant it was easy for our staff to identify the leecher as he would have replied in all the releases he shared elsewhere.
On the counterside, this unforutnately caused a lot of troubles to many users, especially newbies or people who approached to a forum for the first time in their lives, because they had to browse between guides, tutorials, videos and sorta in order to learn how to use our forum, and many still failed after all this. This increased our amount of work on the backend, because we had to offer support to at least 50 people every day, plus we received many complaints as well. It was time to do something, so I tried my best finding a good compromise between site's protection and users' experience by providing this alternative system which will simplify the life of users and at the same time it'll keep safeguarding our site. We'll see how it'll impact the site in the next days.

Let me end this with something important I'd like you all to do: PLEASE GIVE A FEEDBACK AFTER TRYING A GAME/APP. IT'S VERY IMPORTANT! Let other people know if the mod your tried worked fine or not, by either voting in the poll or, better, by written reply! <3

Please note all this involved some changes on the site which are still being tested, as I hardcoded some functions and you all will be able to confirm the system works fine or not. If not, feel free to contact me about this matter and I will fix it when possible.

Enjoy your stay at Sbenny.com, one of the few sources on the net which keeps actively fighting leech and works hard day and night to provide ORIGINAL content (and not stolen or copied content from other sources).

Thank you for reading and if you have anything to say, feel free to reply below.

Rob67

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
Tropic fever on censored-spam-site

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
It's literally illogical and i don't know why, but this makes me a little sad 😟😅😅
But i say do whatever as long as it makes your lives easier, and i'm sure a lot of people will still thank you in the comments regardless.
This site is unique in everyway and the staff here are different from any place i've ever been a member, you people care and are so so so helpful and attentive. No matter what you gained the respect and admiration of a lot of people, me among them, and you'll never lose that. 😄

Rob67

APK Fanatic Lv5️⃣
Active User
Member for 5 years
Yes benny you are a god
Games great

AryStone

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
This does make things simpler. Thanks a bunch to all you hardworking human computers!

kitty

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 6 years
I'll still post "thank you gotta try this one" on each app I'll download 😊
You and others are very generous to spend so much of your time to give us free moderated apps.

Thaaaaanks 😊

ellie

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 6 years
A few other modding forums i'm in had adopted the like/unlock method & i was wondering whether sbenny's was gonna change the unlocking system as well! I think it's a good change and will help keep threads less spam-y :) Good job!

xCatralx

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Probably still gonna thank you for your great work and effort. 😉

Multifarious

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 5 years
I never had a problem with old system but i welcome the new system

@Sbenny and @team (I wish there was a way to link to every one of the hard working team here) i can only speak for my self but i assume most ppl feel the same i Appreciate all the hard work that happens behind the scene to bring everything to my browser and i dont mind anything that helps protect this site and thus keeps the mods rolling in for us all Great work guys !! (wish i found you guys sooner lol)

goldenlove

Novice Lv1️⃣
Member for 5 years
Idk how to download games since it doesn't show the link anymore.

TFAntagonist

Choice Of Games & Axiom Ultrafan
Member for 7 years
This is interesting...but i agree! Alot of people are just spamming and say thank you just for the show of it! Things are always exciting when you update @Sbenny :) i am looking forward for these new updates as well