💬 Review Nurturing Hope by Kara Ripley by darkbook123

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,355 happy users since 2014.
Register

darkbook123

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Nurturing Hope by Kara Ripley

Desiree Adler does not want a girlfriend. Why would she? She has a demanding career as a photographer and content creator, an eccentric but supportive family, and a huge responsibility as a foster parent to a teenager named Hope.

Desi’s life is just fine the way it is. Why risk another heartbreak?

However, Desi’s sister is annoyingly persistent and when she arranges a blind date for Desi, it’s less trouble to agree, get it over with, and return to normal life. The blind date is every bit as terrible as predicted. So why can’t Desi stop thinking about Soledad Reyes?

Review:
This was the my first book from Kara Ripley but definitly not my last. Why? becaus the author has a fantastic way of writing, therefore the book was a very enjoyable read. The book had some very interessting political themes included which i as a german didnt even realize is going on, at least not into the detail like this, so for me this book was a great education first but a very great story second. While open up my eyes for a lot of stuff you dont usually find in a book thats suposed to be a lesbian lovestory, it didnt lost on exactly this, a lovestory between two woman who couldnt be more different on the first glance.

Its a story about Desiree who was set up on a blind date by her sister with the most unlikley match, Soledad a police officer . Desiree has strong feelings about the police and their treatment of people of color, especially African Americans and starts a conversation with Soledad about that on their first date. After a rought start they realize they are not so different after all. For me this book felt so special because the main protagonist struggeld with real live problems for example the trouble Desirees foster Child Hope gets into all the time, and her meeting the police more often than she would like to. All these are very interessting sidestorys that are not directly connected to the lovestory that unfolds infront of us. I also enjoyed this book was written from Desirees point of view, because the author herself is a white woman and therefore can only asume and do research on the matters of Soledad but she isnt prosumtios and writes heavy topics like this out of perspectiv. Therefore i can absolutly recommend to read this amazing book.

Would you recommend this to other users? Its a very good read, see the review.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐