💬 Review On The Record by darkbook123

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,323,989 happy users since 2014.
Register

darkbook123

Apprentice Lv2️⃣
Member for 1 year
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: On The Record

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): https://forum.sbenny.com/thread/on-the-record.149225/

Out and proud lesbian singer/songwriter Emmy Whittaker is not amused when her manager books her on Andrea Stone's show. She has worked hard to build a following. That includes many younger fans who trust her to have their backs.

Review:
I always love a good LGBTQI+ Book where one of the mains is famous, here both of the main characters are kind of famous. We meet singer&songweiter Emmy Whittaker and talk show woman Andrea Stone. Both couldnt be more different, while Emmy is out and proud Andrea is not. The expectations of the other at their first meet are very low, specially Emmy only sees the network Andrea works for and first cant even look beyond that. Due to cirucmstances they meet again and find out they are totally different in many areas of life but maybe compatible in the most important ones? What starts as a one night stand developes into something more, as a reader we can see both their journeys. Emmy who already has a loving and accepting group of family around her on her waý to succsess, and Andrea who already is successful but realized what price this success came with.

This was the first book for me of this author, while i found it a bit short, i loved the story a lot. It is very well written which is not a given in lesbian books as i learned over the years of mainly reading this niche. The story followes a good and nice working timeline, it makes sence, the main protagonists are well thought through and written in a great way for readers. What i love that i can picture them myself and they are not overly overanalized and described to the bits - which of course might be one of the reasons the book is not as long as some others since nothing around os described so into detail as other books are.

Would you recommend this to other users? Absolutly, if you look for a new lesbian book author, check out Raven J. Spencer. I cant talk about her other books but this one was very good. I will definitly check ot more of her work.

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐