💬 Review OnePlus 3T by 44mgug

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,746 happy users since 2014.
Register

44mgug

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
Reviewed Device: OnePlus 3T

Description
Hello! Today I will review the OnePlus 3T. I've had this phone for almost 3 years so this will be a long term user review.
I own the Gunmetal coloured version, with 64gb of storage and 6gb of RAM. I paid 439€ for it back in 2017.

Performance: ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Camera:     ⭐⭐⭐⭐
Quality:      ⭐⭐⭐
Price:       ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Things I like
First, let's start with the things I like the most about this phone:
Even though it's an old phone, I still get security updates every once in a while. The Android version I'm currently running, with OnePlus' official ROM, is Android 9.
One feature I found unique but very useful was the slider on the upper left side of the phone. It allows me to change between sound, vibration and silent mode easily, without unlocking the phone.
The fingerprint reader is accurate and fast.
Performance is still very good after 3 years of use.
The camera is nice, and has Google Lens integrated so you can read QR codes and barcodes without installing any additional apps, as long as you have internet connection.

Things I don't like
Then, the not so good things:
The screen has burned out a bit. It now permanently shows markings in some places, like the top where the notification bar goes, or the bottom, where the Instagram navigation bar is placed.
I had to replace the battery last week, because it was failing a bit. Stuff like the battery % going backwards while it was plugged in. Opening up the phone was a bit hard, but thankfully it now works much better after the replacement.
The build quality is so-so. It's an aluminium unibody design, but the metal easily dents on the corners when dropped from a knee height(!). Also, as mentioned earlier, it's hard to take apart yourself in case you need to repair it. The glass has never cracked, but it has a permanent worn out "stain" in the right side, from scrolling. Only noticeable when hit by direct light.

Overall Ratings: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Verdict
Obviously, I wouldn't recommend buying this phone now, unless you are on a very tight budget and can find it easily(it is out of production,of course). But if you already have it, it is indeed a very nice phone. Even after I replace this phone(I want to keep it for at least 1 more year), I will keep it around as a backup.

Top Smartphone Reviews of the Month