💬 Review Paradise Hills (2019)

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,313,404 happy users since 2014.
Register

Silentragnarok

Hardcore Lv9️⃣
Member for 6 years
Name of the movie you are reviewing: Paradise Hills (2019)

6CD48328-16FE-4F63-A911-685F18591E7D.jpeg

Young women must band together to escape from a seemingly idyllic island that holds a sinister secret.

Review:
Okay this movie is so underrated. For indie movie, this movie is actually pretty damn good and enjoyable.
Personally, I think there is three words that you will expect of this movie. Exciting, Confusing and Promising.

What is really striking about this movie is the visual. The movie sets in futurelike, so it kind of makes me feel as I were in a video game. The environment, the color, the aesthetic is just visually pleasing. The cinematography and directing visual manages to perfectly captures the message of beauty of its surroundings. Is is so captivating and I am loss of words. Truly amazing.

As for the plot and story line, well it’s not bad but not that good either. It’s mediocre. It’s a sci-fi horror slash thriller. There is a moment when you gasping upon realizing the actual plot but half if the beginning of the story there is mot much going on. It’s like they just put pedal to the metal after halfway of the movie. The editing and scriptwriting are not very good. I personally think this could be improved. If only they could polish the script a little bit smoother this movie would be a hit in cinemas.

The cast is actually pretty good. Not the best but good. I personally think the characters is lack of chemistry to every other characters. It’s bland and plain. But I think the lavish environment and all beautiful costumes on display here which are so dazzling, intricate and bizzare is enough as a distraction from the awkward dialogue and lots of lots plot holes.

Would you recommend this to other users? If you’re fan of aesthetically pleasing movie with a pinch of thriller then yes!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐