Question regarding competitors

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,325,896 happy users since 2014.
Register

ScealcLigt

174th Divisione Scealc van der Ligt
Member for 4 years
What do you think about sbenny's competitors? (platinmods, androeed, android-1 etc.) Very interested in your thoughts

agarriberri

Bond. Jack Bond.
Staff member
✌️ Community Team
Member for 5 years
False, unreliable, and untrustworthy. They steal mods from us. That's all I need to know to form an opinion.

ScealcLigt

Member for 4 years
False, unreliable, and untrustworthy. They steal mods from us. That's all I need to know to form an opinion.
In my opinion, thats half correct, there are sites that send in stolen mods (wendgames has stolen all hosted games mods from sbenny) or in worst cases, a virus. However, I have come across helpful sites like platinmods, androeed, apkmod y, and an-1 (i dont advertise them though, just a pointer). Theyre mostly auxillary sources when something is too expensive at sbenny or a mod is only availiable at said site (plus, they make their own mods, not steal them). Still, I somewhat agree most of waht you said.
tbh, i hope i wont get banned for having a different opinion

D

Deleted member 56303

It is true that most of these sites just steal mods from each other without crediting the original modder, but there are actual talented modders on these sites too who contribute their own mods and knowledge to the community (censored-spam-site, nulled, platinmods) based on what I've observed. I haven't truly paid too much attention to what site counts as competition as I feel we have a pretty chill community here in addition to the mods since it's a modding forum, as opposed to sites like Wendgames etc. The SB Cash system is also one of my personal favorites as it gives me a sort of filter as to who has access to my links and prevents leeching. I feel like most forums such as the above mentioned have their positives as it's generally a congregation of people who share similar interests. It can also be quite helpful if you're looking to improve your own skills and broaden your perspectives by visiting different communities as they'll always have different skills to share. "Normal" distribution sites similar to wendgames though tend to be quite sketchy in my opinion and pull in more victims than anything

ScealcLigt

Member for 4 years
True. Infact, platinmods has 2 million users while sbeny has 800 thousand something users. I always wonder why's that the case, maybe its becuz they dont have sb point system, or maybe becuz they have a large pool of talented modders. Either way, I dont limit my choices on sbenny, since sometimes other sites have a mod of an app while sbenny doesnt.

KasamiGi

BOT
Member for 4 years
First off, these kind of non-forum questions related belongs more in 'off topic' so I'll move it there.

Second, my thoughts isn't much about them.
There could be people over there asking the same question and it'll just be the same.
While I don't mind competitions, the thieves and leechers aren't tolerated, and on that note, there's different views on this, if the site is an all time leech then there's just nothing to say but if they have both talented modders and leechers alike, the modder there should think about why they're putting as much works as they do but still get no more credits than the thieves around them, as well as the owner acknowledging their "modder" leeching from other sites and how they acts about it.

I can respect other sites and their rules, but I don't wanna see people going around comparing us, "this site is better, because of this, that", people who does that are just looking for attentions and if they didn't, they wouldn't have still be in the "losing site". Like real life, each place is different and have their own set of cultures, respect us for it and we'll do the same.

Anyway, sorry for the rant.