💬 Review Radiance (Wraith Kings #1) by Grace Draven

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,324,389 happy users since 2014.
Register

Moonblink

Resident Bookworm 🐛
Member for 6 years
Name of the eBook you are reviewing: Radiance (Wraith Kings #1) by Grace Draven

Link to the content on our site you're reviewing (optional): 📖 eBook Download Radiance by Grace Draven (Wraith Kings #1)

An arranged marriage between a human noblewoman and a spare kai (elf) prince. The kai are a species of terrifying beings with gray skin, sharp teeth and luminescent eyes.

Review:
Usually i love arranged marriage books but what frustrates me in most of them is the instant love, one moment the charecters meet, the next they moon over each other and drool over the other's good looks and what not, so i went to this book when i was bored and just wanted something familiar and not suprising.

But boy was i suprised!!!
This is one of my favorite books now and i dare to say it will be my favorite series when i finish the rest.

It begins as any other arranged marriage romance, the heroine Eldiko is getting ready for a wedding she doesn't necessarily want but has to have, but what is different is how mature Eldiko is!
Yes she doesn't want to get married and is terrified of her new husband's people, but she doesn't throw a fit, she doesn't act childishly, she doesn't blame people or her new husband, she understands it's the normal for her timeline and yes it sucks and she wishes it was different but she'll do her role and make sure the treaty which her marriage guarantees is upheld.

Then she meets her husband in the garden without knowing it's him and that scene was hilarious, it hooked me up and made me laugh and love Eldiko even though it's in the 1st chapter.
She's smart, witty, brave without being foolish, kind, funny. I just love her.

And then there is Brishen, he is by far one of my favorite male characters ever. He's not too full of himself, he's funny and kind and he doesn't treat Eldiko horribly. He respects her and wants to be her friend.

And the way the romance between them develops is perfect, it takes it's time and by the time they're in love you see it happen gradually and you root for them. The whole book is amazing and there is an actual plot that is solid, not just the love story.

I really recommend this book to anyone who likes fantasy and romance specially those who don't like instalove.

Would you recommend this to other users? Yes, absolutely!!

Rating(1-5): ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

kelly77

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 4 years
recently read this like a few months ago and I'm legit still obsessed over it! Love how mature the protagonists are and the flow of their love story is just soooo good (being best of friends to being lovers) and don't get me started on Grace Draven's writing style! have you read any of the author's other books? could you recommend me some romance or any ya novels?