Recommend me some simulation game

Sbenny.com is trusted by 1,312,884 happy users since 2014.
Register

Xanli

Addicted Lv3️⃣
Member for 1 year
Can someone please recommend me offline simulation games (TT)

Lundabad

In Love Lv4️⃣
Member for 2 years
Have you tried any God sim game, where you are god and you shape the world and the civilization.
If so, then I would suggest 2 old but gold games - Black & White 1 (2001) & Black & White 2: Battle of the Gods (2006).
I usually recommend old games as I have a potato PC.

GenshinGoGo

Lurker Lv0️⃣
Member for 2 years
I'm a PC player, but I love simulation games! It really depends what kind of sim you like, but I can give a few suggestions.

Farming sims are very popular now. Probably the best known one today is Stardew Valley, which is also available on android and consoles. If you think you're going to get in to it, I recommend buying it on PC. Reason? Mods! If you check Stardew Valley Nexus, you will find hundreds upon hundreds of mods, adding things like new friends and dateables, new crops (and flowers, trees, even meat crops!), expanded dialog with villagers, new areas... if you need suggestions for modding Stardew, I have a ton!

Other big farming games? Story of Seasons! I actually suggest the two 3DS games, called Story of Seasons and then a SoS: A Tale of Three Towns. There are two SoS games out for the PC and switch, but in my opinion they're not as good. Made by the same company are Rune Factory. Those straddle the line between simulation and rpg as the core story of the game will send you out fighting, but the other stuff (raising monsters, having your farm, making friends (and possible romance) with the villagers, cooking and crafting) is still sim. Rune Factory 4 Special and Rune Factory 5 are out on PC and switch. Either one would work; I personally prefer 4 slightly as I think the dialog and story is better, but I have fun with 5 too. There are a few farming sims that are in early access that look like they're going to be fun: Kynseed, Sun Haven, Dinkum... and I'm looking forward to Coral Valley, which isn't even in early access yet!

More in to crafting then farming? Nothing beats My Time at Portia, and it's sequel in early access My Time at Sandrock. I'd play Portia before Sandrock, mainly as Sandrock has so many improvements it's hard to go back to Portia afterwards, but also as the stories are connected. Alchemy simulation also got it's day in the sun not to long ago, and I'm having a lot of fun with Little Witch in the Woods. Haven't gotten too far yet. Haven't gotten too far in Potion Craft yet, either, but it gets excellent reviews.

More in to the war type games? It really depends if you want turn based or real time. For turn based, Civilization is probably still king. There's also Civ's Beyond Earth which got horrid reviews but I sort of enjoy secretly (when modded). Civ VI has a ton of expansions, and in turn a ton of mods available for it... it's expensive, though, so, er, YARR. I'm actually a bigger fan of the real time, in which I suggest Paradox's Games. My two favorite are Crusader Kings III and Stellaris right now. There are also a ton of mods for them, too, although setting them up on a pirated copy can be troublesome (I can help, if you need me to). Old World is also sort of interesting, kind of a cross between Civ and Crusader Kings, though I haven't (again) gotten to play it too much.

Life Sims, Life Sims... obviously, a lot of the dating games on this site fit in to this category. Winter Wolves and Hanako Games are the ones I go to for PC games. Sims 4 fits in here, and is still a fun time. Monster Prom is amusing dating. A new game just dropped that I completely obsessed over until I got all my endings: I Was A Teenage Exocolonist. You play a child from age 10 to 20 surviving on a new colony in space that, to be blunt, seems to want to kill them. Only problem? They're trapped in a time loop! You'll play the game multiple times, remembering things from past lives that can make things easier for you. It's great. I love it. Another thing I have a sucker for is the 'child raising sims', where you play as a parent and raise a child from a young age to adulthood. Princess Maker is the best series for that, though at times it gets a bit... well, it's a tough genre. 1 to 4 are set in fantasy worlds; 5 is set in the real world and finally allows you to play a mother.

I don't play management sims too often... I'm still looking for a shop owner one that let's me play a female character. Or a winemaker one! Two Point Campus, though, is excellent. Good Company is fun. Er... yeah! For survival sims, I don't play much of those either, though I love Dead in Vinland. I did just download Conan Exiles, and it seems like it might be fun.

That new Disney game looks like it's going to be fun, but I'm waiting to see if it gets cracked before buying so I can try it. Cities Skylines is the ultimate in city building. Cooking Simulator is my guilty pleasure. Grow, Song of the Evertree probably fits as a farming simulator, but it's so relaxing I kind of consider it a mindbreather. And, er, that's all I got!